ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

irshad01
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa

Post by irshad01 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:22 am

Prior to the English test been a pre requsite for a visa application, i had been in touch with minsters and home office to suggest that any spouse who is applying for an entry clearance visa and the marriage ceremony was conducted before the 29th November 2010 deadline should not be subject to an English test. However i did not get any response from the home office or from any MP. Is there anywhere that can be lobbied as this criteria only applies to non EU spouses. Anybody else who is from a EU country and does not speak english can walk in without any questions being asked. This can be classed as discrminatory and i would like a legal opinion if this can be challenged and is the ruling a contravention to human rights and the rights of a family.