ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice on ILR requirement and dependants

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

savvy_000

advice on ILR requirement and dependants

Post by savvy_000 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:17 pm

Hello there,

I need some advice regarding ILR.
I am on Tier 1 visa and currently on my the end of my 3rd year. I will be eligible for ILR in 2013 (2 yr hsmp +3 yrs tier 1). I understand the 180 days rule. I have been outside the UK on paid annual leave for about 60 days in total now. Currently my wife and 6 month old child (dependants) are in India and have stayed for 2 months and she wants to extend it for another 4 months, totalling to 6 months in this single visit and overall totalling to 7 months in this 3yr period for my wife.

All I want to know if the 180 and 90 days single visit rule apply to dependants as well?? or is it just the main applicant. All my absences from the UK have been paid annual leave.

Would this affect our future ILR application for me or my dependants?

thanks and regards
Sav

xyz123

Re: advice on ILR requirement and dependants

Post by xyz123 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:25 pm

savvy_000 wrote:Hello there,

I need some advice regarding ILR.
I am on Tier 1 visa and currently on my the end of my 3rd year. I will be eligible for ILR in 2013 (2 yr hsmp +3 yrs tier 1). I understand the 180 days rule. I have been outside the UK on paid annual leave for about 60 days in total now. Currently my wife and 6 month old child (dependants) are in India and have stayed for 2 months and she wants to extend it for another 4 months, totalling to 6 months in this single visit and overall totalling to 7 months in this 3yr period for my wife.

All I want to know if the 180 and 90 days single visit rule apply to dependants as well?? or is it just the main applicant. All my absences from the UK have been paid annual leave.

Would this affect our future ILR application for me or my dependants?

thanks and regards
Sav
as per current rules dependents are not affected by absences rule. however do note that rules may change. also note that for citizenship rules are different, which are 450 days in last 6 years with maximum of 90 in the last year. your depends still are under this but just keep this mind...