ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Domestic worker questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

korp
Newly Registered

Domestic worker questions

Post by korp » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Hiya

I have read all the information on the UK Border Agency page
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... icworkers/

This provides some good information, including eligibility, but some aspects are open to interpretation also.

My wife is Indian, I am Swedish (EU). We have lived in the UK for 5 years now, and since she is pregnant we would like to bring one of the domestic workers here to London from her home in India.

The domestic worker we would like to bring is a 22 years old and she has worked in my wife's Indian home for 4 years, since she was 18. She has been cleaning and cooking and stuff.

The problem I think is that my wife has not been home to her Indian home more than 1-2 times per year, a couple of Months each time (the Indian address is however in her passport as her main address, if that helps).

There are however no payslips, they don't even use those in this rural part of India, this domestic worker is still young, she does not have any bank account and her payments has been in cash, which is in no way uncommon, and part of her "pay" has also been for her to have accommodation, food and education financed.

We have no problems with showing we have enough money to pay her UK minimum pay (even if this is not even legally required), give her her own room in the house and so on.

What are our, and her, chances to arrange for her to come here you think?

thanks for any help and advice...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:44 am

See also Overseas domestic workers

regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:41 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.