ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa extension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tetrapack
Newly Registered

Student visa extension

Post by tetrapack » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:32 am

I am registered with highly trusted sponsor.
My visa expires 30-Jan-2011
I have cleared all subjects, but yet
I will not be awarded Msc certificate before 9-Mar 11. I will not get letter also to support for PSW (because of useless meetings)
I want want to stay here and apply for PSW before rule changes.
If my Uni gives CAS will border agency accept extension application
for student awaiting results.

chinagef

Re: Student visa extension

Post by chinagef » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:53 am

tetrapack wrote:I am registered with highly trusted sponsor.
My visa expires 30-Jan-2011
I have cleared all subjects, but yet
I will not be awarded Msc certificate before 9-Mar 11. I will not get letter also to support for PSW (because of useless meetings)
I want want to stay here and apply for PSW before rule changes.
If my Uni gives CAS will border agency accept extension application
for student awaiting results.
I don't think waiting for results meet the requirements for a student visa extension. Obviously, one of the requirements is that you must be studying a full-time course, and if your course has already completed, then you may have to enroll on a new course to await your results and apply for PSW in the UK.

Alternatively, I suppose the correct way to do it is for you to return to your home country, wait for your results, then apply for entry clearance again for PSW. Do check the maintenance required for in-UK and out of UK applications, and further note that you can apply for PSW within a year of obtaining a UK bachelor or above degree.

Having said that, there have been proposed changes to scrap PSW in March, so it may save you time and money in the long run to simply apply for a tier 4 student visa extension in the UK, on a short course of say 6 months.

tetrapack
Newly Registered

Post by tetrapack » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:28 am

and then who will Guarantee in writing that I wil pass those useless board of examiners meetings .

I know these meetings are formalities.

no one gives these in writing. that is the reason I want CAS

dastak
Newly Registered

Post by dastak » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:11 pm

Consult with a solicitor. don't go out of the UK.
I did the same and a law firm put my application along with their original law firm authorization certificate and they withhold my application for 3 weeks after my student visa expired , during those 3 weeks I got my final results and provided it to HO by law firm........ got PSW.

tetrapack
Newly Registered

Post by tetrapack » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:43 pm

please give details of solicitor----please there is no time dear help help help help help help

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:55 pm

There is no provision of any 'law firm holding' in PBS immigration law. It may be just a waste of money and time.

My suggession is, if want to do any 'experiment' of this kind do not pay a single penny in advance!
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

dastak
Newly Registered

Post by dastak » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:33 pm

well this may be a wastage of time or money. But I am telling you what happend with my-self.
I am not agent of any solictor.