ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request for Urgent Treatment for PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

devag
Newly Registered

Request for Urgent Treatment for PSW

Post by devag » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:37 pm

I have applied for my PSW visa on 23rd of October 2010 and received the acknowledgement letter from home office on 29th October dated 26th October. In the UKBA website it is mentioned that on the week commencing 13th December they are considering applications received on or before 26th October but still didn't receive my passport.

I have been offered a full time job as a Commercial Analyst on 6th December 2010. They have given me the dead line as 17/12/10 to submit the proof of eligibility to work saying that I will loos the offer if I have not submit the documents on time.

However I was given a second chance based on the fact that my application is still with the Home Office and they have extended the dead line from 3 days.

Based on this situation I did try to contact home office but failed on the first time to get any advice from them. Second time I've been asked to submit a request for urgent treatment via fax and did that today. At the same time submitted a request to arrange a courier service to get the passport delivered to me once it is ready.

Just wanted to know, has anyone tried this method before and do they really consider these requests and treat this as an urgent case. I really don’t want to lose my job offer as it is an opportunity that I’ve been waiting for a long time. Your comments and experiences are highly appreciated as I am really in a very stressful situation due to both facts that it has been almost 8 weeks for my application now and I’m almost gonna lose the offer for my dream job!!

:(

bbreddy

Re: Request for Urgent Treatment for PSW

Post by bbreddy » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:36 am

devag wrote:I have applied for my PSW visa on 23rd of October 2010 and received the acknowledgement letter from home office on 29th October dated 26th October. In the UKBA website it is mentioned that on the week commencing 13th December they are considering applications received on or before 26th October but still didn't receive my passport.

I have been offered a full time job as a Commercial Analyst on 6th December 2010. They have given me the dead line as 17/12/10 to submit the proof of eligibility to work saying that I will loos the offer if I have not submit the documents on time.

However I was given a second chance based on the fact that my application is still with the Home Office and they have extended the dead line from 3 days.

Based on this situation I did try to contact home office but failed on the first time to get any advice from them. Second time I've been asked to submit a request for urgent treatment via fax and did that today. At the same time submitted a request to arrange a courier service to get the passport delivered to me once it is ready.

Just wanted to know, has anyone tried this method before and do they really consider these requests and treat this as an urgent case. I really don’t want to lose my job offer as it is an opportunity that I’ve been waiting for a long time. Your comments and experiences are highly appreciated as I am really in a very stressful situation due to both facts that it has been almost 8 weeks for my application now and I’m almost gonna lose the offer for my dream job!!

:(

Although the following solution may not be very helpful, I'm just suggesting some thing - Ask your employer to get in touch with UKBA with the reference number (in the acknowledgment letter). Usually, UKBA folks reply to the employer's requests quickly. I know one of my friends who did this and was succesful

Further, you can request your employer to "convert/consider" this job as a contract/internship (i.e. a non-permanent) job and get it changed to permanent one once you get your visa.

Hope that helps anyway.

devag
Newly Registered

Post by devag » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:28 pm

Dear bbreddy,

Hey ... Thanks for your advice... Finally I got the visa today!!!!!!! I’ve waited exactly two months for it and was gonna lose everything; but yet got it in time to save my Job. I’m so happy. Thanks for your help and advice! Really appreciate it!

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:39 pm

Did you get the visa with urgent-treatment?

devag
Newly Registered

Post by devag » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:38 pm

No... My visa was stamped on 13th December well before I made the request for an urgent treatment but I only received the passport on 18th of December.

janedoe
Newly Registered

Post by janedoe » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:28 am

Where can I find this urgent treatment form? I have been wainting for almost 8 weeks and still nothing. I was meant to start working in October and I will most centainly lose my job if I don't get my visa very very soon. Please help.
(I'm applying for the second time from outside UK)

mt_dilber

Re: Request for Urgent Treatment for PSW

Post by mt_dilber » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:01 pm

now thats the reason why i advise people to spend few hundred pounds extra and go for the same day (premier service).

janedoe
Newly Registered

Post by janedoe » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:39 pm

It's less about the few extra hundred pounds and more about the fact that there were no avaiable apointments.