ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA.. Time to apply for Citizenship?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mkshenley
Newly Registered

Non-EEA.. Time to apply for Citizenship?

Post by mkshenley » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:08 pm

my history: enter UK 95 and claim asylum, was refused 97.
married 98 and given 5-yrs residency, expired 2004.
applied for PR in 2004 , and was declined: re-applied again feb 2008 and refuse again jan 2010, appeal june 2010 and appeal stood.
got PR stamp Aug 2010 on passport.
Please when can i apply for naturalisation, should i wait till Aug 2011 or Now as i had exercise treaty right for more than 6 years.
Note: during this time, i divorcee my wife (now ex) may 2006[/b]
-----------
1/Could I use discretion to apply for naturalisation (which is 15 months after application for ILR) instead of waiting till August 2011?
2/ since i was an EEA family member and exercising treaty right for more than 6 years(since june 1999)

Discretion to disregard immigration time restriction in last 12 months before naturalisation in case of:

-you made a successful application for indefinite leave to remain more than 15 months before your naturalisation application but the decision on your application was delayed due to something that was not your fault;
or
-you had an application for asylum or leave to remain refused but later approved as the initial decision was incorrect. This initial mistake resulted in a delay in you being able to apply for indefinite leave to remain.
Last edited by mkshenley on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mkshenley
Newly Registered

Post by mkshenley » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:02 pm

please can you advice me , as this got over 100 views, no response.
advise will be highly appreciated.