ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rentering UK before my Visa Expires?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

udayref
Newly Registered

Rentering UK before my Visa Expires?

Post by udayref » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:35 am

Hey Guys,
My visa is gonna expire on 31 May 2011. I am gonna submit my dissertation on 31 Jan 2011. So techincally i would be finished wid my course and i would be waiting for my results which would be declared in March. I am planning to go to India in Feb for my cousin's marraige and to come back on 12 March 2011. Will there be any problem for me for reentry in UK in March as my visa is supposed to expire on 31 May 2011.

bethnalblue

Re: Rentering UK before my Visa Expires?

Post by bethnalblue » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:00 am

udayref wrote:Hey Guys,
My visa is gonna expire on 31 May 2011. I am gonna submit my dissertation on 31 Jan 2011. So techincally i would be finished wid my course and i would be waiting for my results which would be declared in March. I am planning to go to India in Feb for my cousin's marraige and to come back on 12 March 2011. Will there be any problem for me for reentry in UK in March as my visa is supposed to expire on 31 May 2011.
Practically you can enter and exit as long as your visa is valid. It also depends upon the IO who can deny you entry stating that your course has finished. The move to enter and exit the country when your course has already finished is risky unless you have evidence of enrolment on another course.

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:04 am

They won't let you enter on the visa which has an expired CAS, mean course has been finished.

What they will do, they will get a written application from you on the college / university name with your full home country address, in which you need to states that you result and final document should be sent via post to your home country address. They will send you back home and submit application to your college / university on your behalf.
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************