ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application still not delivered according to FedEx

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yggdrasil
Ireland

Application still not delivered according to FedEx

Post by yggdrasil » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:03 am

Hey All,

I applied for dependent visas for my wife and daughters on Dec 1. They had biometrics taken Dec 13 and I overnight shipped the application to the visa application center on the evening of Dec 22 (to be delivered Dec 24). I realize this is a holiday, so I expected it to be delivered the following Monday the 27th (still within two weeks of biometrics collection). However, no one was in the office according to FedEx and they did not deliver. They attempted again on the 28th and were unable to deliver. Then a request was made to FedEx (I assume by the consulate) to have it re-delivered today. FedEx attempted delivery again today only to find the office closed. They will re-attempt tomorrow but I believe this is the last attempt they will make. I'm really concerned on two fronts:

1. The online application says that applications will only be in the system for 30 days. That time has now expired. Will my application be denied?

2. What happens if they fail to deliver tomorrow and the application is returned?

Very worried as a lot of money is on the line ($1200 each for three applicants = $3600) and also the timing is important to our move.

Help is much appreciated.

P.S. The address is definitely correct. I quadruple checked out of paranoia.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:29 am

Both the 27th and 28th were holidays for most posts around the world in lieu of the 25th and 26th. Also not sure what you mean with today (since you talking $$$'s, I'm assuming you're in the US and talking about the 3rd) - the 3rd was also a holiday in lieu of 1 January.

They will be open on 4 January. Bad luck since they tried to deliver each and every time it was a holiday for UK posts.

yggdrasil
Ireland

Post by yggdrasil » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:00 am

Thanks for the response
mulderpf wrote:Both the 27th and 28th were holidays for most posts around the world in lieu of the 25th and 26th. Also not sure what you mean with today (since you talking $$$'s, I'm assuming you're in the US and talking about the 3rd) - the 3rd was also a holiday in lieu of 1 January.
Yes, in the US, sorry. By 'today' I did mean the 3rd.
mulderpf wrote:They will be open on 4 January. Bad luck since they tried to deliver each and every time it was a holiday for UK posts.
Wonder why they had requested delivery on the 3rd, then? Odd. Still not sure what this does to my application status. Very worried.

Thanks again.

yggdrasil
Ireland

Post by yggdrasil » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:04 am

Seems the visa packet was delivered today to the consulate. I now have my fingers crossed that they will not consider it late and refuse to process.