ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed regarding Permanent Residency!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sylvia532

Advice needed regarding Permanent Residency!

Post by sylvia532 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:13 am

Hello everybody
I was hoping to get some advice regarding my situation.

I (Polish national) came to the UK in 2006 and started working in March 2006, however, I registered under Working Registration Scheme (WRS) in November 2006. After completing 12 months of continuous employment I then obtained Registration Certificate (EEA1). I am wondering when I will be eligible to apply for Permanent Residency (EEA3 form), in March 2011 (5 years since I started working in the UK) or in November 2011 (5 years since registering under WRS) or even later?

I find it confusing as according to the Home Office website nationals of countries which joined the EU in 2004 can exercise the same rights as nationals of other EU states only after registering under WRS and working continuously for the same employer for at least 12 months. Does that mean that during the period between March 2006 and November 2006 I was not exercising my treaty rights and therefore I can not count these 8 months when applying for PR?

I will be extremely grateful for any advice.

raoulll

Re: Advice needed regarding Permanent Residency!

Post by raoulll » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:11 am

in March 2011 (5 years since I started working in the UK) .

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:05 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.