ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajbhatta

Spouse Visa

Post by ajbhatta » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi,

i will be applying for a spouse visa in January 2011. I have a few questions.
I met my wife through a matrimonial website. We met after a month at her family home in Kolkotta after we got interested in each other. I got her fathers consent and came back. Next month i took my mother and formally proposed for married. The next month (June 2010) we got married. We stayed together for 3 months after which we decided to move to UK. She moved back to UK in Sep 2010. Got herself a permanent Job and also has taken a studio flat on rent in Chiswick. Please note that she moved to UK after staying in India for 12 years.

1. Will it be a problem considering we have known each other for less then year. I have travel tickets, phone bill, emails of us being in touch always.
2. She is on a 3 month probation period at work, will this be a problem?
3. I have approx 2000 pounds in my account as reserves, will these funds be enough for me to qualify for spouse visa?
4. Does my passport require Immigration clearance like it is required for Middle eastern countries?
5. I might have more question, is it okay if i ask at a later time?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:12 pm

Who, between the two of you, is settled in the UK or a British citizen?

regards

ajbhatta

Spouse Visa

Post by ajbhatta » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:35 am

My wife is a British Citizen. Her family shifted to India on 5 years visas in 98. After that she has gone to Uk on three different occasions. Last she was over their was in 2009. She was there for 5 months working for a Retail store. She came back to marry and as intended returned in Sep 2010. She has a permanent job as Recruitment consultant with a call center. She will be getting a 1 bedroom apartment on rent from Jan 1st next year.

I need advice on Accomodation and Funds required.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:52 am

1. Include, in the application, evidence to prove that the relationship is subsisting.
2. Based on information posted by other members, your wife will need to provide at least last 3 months' payslips and bank statements to support your EC application. But, that she is on probation shouldn't matter.
3. Your wife must provide evidence that she can maintain and accommodate you without recourse to public funds. Though declaring your savings may help, the decision to grant entry clearance will be based (amongst other factors) on your wife's ability to support you.
4. No.

After deducting housing costs such as rent/mortgage and Council Tax, your wife's net income must be at least £102.75 per week. See also Maintenance and Accommodation

regards

ajbhatta

Post by ajbhatta » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:22 pm

hi,

I just went through the settle in Uk link that you sent me. It talks about British Citizens who have stayed abroad for a long period. I ask this is because my wife came to India in 98 after her father retired. Since then she has been back and forth to the UK only three times for for 2 to 3 month trips.
Last time she went was in 2009 and came back in Feb 2010. Now she went back in Sep 2010.

Will this be a problem? If this is, will a Letter of explanation from my wife suffice? If yes, then what should the explanation cover?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:32 pm

ajbhatta wrote:Will this be a problem?
No.

regards

ajbhatta

Post by ajbhatta » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:24 am

Hi,

This is in regards to my query for showing funds from the sponsor for spouse visa. My wife has a paycheck of 1250 Pounds after all taxes per month. She will be paying about 900 pounds for rent (1 bedroom apt and no kids) and council taxes. So she is left with 350 pounds for other expenses (She does not have any travel expenses as she works to office). I am also getting sponsor funds from my father with his undertaking for our support. I have 7 years of experience in the Mortgage industry as a Team Manager for underwriting. I am also a qualified and certified Continental Chef. Currently I earn 700 pounds worth Indian rupees.

Does this build up a strong case in terms of Accommodation and Maintenance? If no, what all do i need to take care of in this situation?
Should I have my wife sign the sponsors Undertaking for Accommodation and Maintenance?
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... ponsorform

ajbhatta

Post by ajbhatta » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:53 am

I have not received a reply on my above mentioned post! Please help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:59 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ajbhatta

Post by ajbhatta » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:16 am

Would it be advisable to have it signed by my wife and attached with the application?

ajbhatta

Post by ajbhatta » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:16 am

I needed some advice in regards to the Undertaking for Accommodation and Maintenance http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... ponsorform

Should i have my Wife complete and sign this form and attach it with my application or should i wait for the interviewer to request my wife to have it filled?

I am just a bit uncomfortable with the maintenance requirement aspect? I do have sufficient funds and father's assets at disposal. But I just don't want to take a chance since the UK Visa website is not specific about maintenance requirements.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:19 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.