ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the IELTS Score required for dependents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanil_57
Newly Registered

What is the IELTS Score required for dependents

Post by sanil_57 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:14 am

Hi Guys ,

I'm applying for a dependent visa for my wife(I'm a Tier1 General Visa Holder). Can any one of you please tell me what is the IELTS Score required for this .

Also what is the type of IELTS Test required .
Is it Academic or General Training ?

Many Thanks for your help.
Anil

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:23 am

i do not think Tier1 dependents need any english language qualification.

jhansi_82

Post by jhansi_82 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:07 pm

yes its is not needed for tier 1 dependants

raghav17
Newly Registered

Post by raghav17 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:35 pm

English language is mandatory for dependent.
Like Tier1 applicant, dependent can claim the english points in point calculator. if the university is listed Uk NARIC then no need to take any exam.
"
How can I check if my Bachelors degree meets the criteria for the English language requirement before I make an application?
You can check this using the Points Based Calculator which can be located at the following UK Border Agency web address:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator
The calculator contains information from UK NARIC as to which academic qualifications they deem to have been taught to the standard of a Bachelors degree in the UK. When you start using the calculator input any answer you wish until you get to the page on ‘English language’. Then select I have a qualification that was taught in English
On the following page ‘English language – qualifications’
enter the details of your qualification as requested including country of award; qualification; institution or body: course length, course subject and year of award.
"
If you want more detail then below is the link.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... icants.pdf

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:17 pm

raghav17 wrote:English language is mandatory for dependent.
Like Tier1 applicant, dependent can claim the english points in point calculator. if the university is listed Uk NARIC then no need to take any exam.
"
How can I check if my Bachelors degree meets the criteria for the English language requirement before I make an application?
You can check this using the Points Based Calculator which can be located at the following UK Border Agency web address:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator
The calculator contains information from UK NARIC as to which academic qualifications they deem to have been taught to the standard of a Bachelors degree in the UK. When you start using the calculator input any answer you wish until you get to the page on ‘English language’. Then select I have a qualification that was taught in English
On the following page ‘English language – qualifications’
enter the details of your qualification as requested including country of award; qualification; institution or body: course length, course subject and year of award.
"
If you want more detail then below is the link.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... icants.pdf
---------------------
in the guide it says clearly:
The new English requirement does not apply to the following groups of applicants:
•
spouse or partner of Tier 1 and Tier 2 visa applicants
•
spouse or partner of a student
•
visitors
•
refugees or spouses of refugees applying on the basis of family reunion
•
dependent children
•
spouse or partner of an EEA national
•
spouse or partner of a member of the armed forces applying under Part 7 of the Immigration Rules
•
applicants for indefinite leave to remain

-------------------------