ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed Visa Stamped Timings - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:29 pm

unique012 wrote:Salaam everyone,

I wanted to ask once you have sent off the appeal papers do u recieve a confirmation letter saying they ahev recieved ur documents and does it say on this SAME letter whether your case is being reviewed or going to court? or do thye send a different letter regarding this?

Please let me know :)
No. The first you will hear is the date that it is set down for a hearing at the IAT.
That will mean that is has been reviewed by teh ECM and they are sticking to the original decison and will probally go to a full appeal hearing.

If it has been reviewed and they have agreed to overturn decision you will get a letter from UKBA confirming this and be asked to drop ypur passport into Fedex :wink:

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:27 pm

batleykhan wrote:

I wanted to ask once you have sent off the appeal papers do u recieve a confirmation letter saying they ahev recieved ur documents and does it say on this SAME letter whether your case is being reviewed or going to court? or do thye send a different letter regarding this?

No. The first you will hear is the date that it is set down for a hearing at the IAT.
That will mean that is has been reviewed by teh ECM and they are sticking to the original decison and will probally go to a full appeal hearing.

If it has been reviewed and they have agreed to overturn decision you will get a letter from UKBA confirming this and be asked to drop ypur passport into Fedex :wink:

Im happy you have said that cos i was wondering this thing to, so am i right in thinking if we receive a letter with a set date on it for a hearing then that means they will not be over turning it? and if we get a letter from UKBA then it means they did over turn it? :)
calling letter 21/06/2011
forwarded to brittish embessy 27/06/11
Under process at BHC 11/07/11

khan786

Post by khan786 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:20 pm

I am going to be sending the appeal forms via my solicitor should we send the papers to iat or croydon address cause it does have the iat address stamped on notice of refusal.
Last edited by khan786 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:22 pm

dilseabbassi wrote:
batleykhan wrote:

Im happy you have said that cos i was wondering this thing to, so am i right in thinking if we receive a letter with a set date on it for a hearing then that means they will not be over turning it? and if we get a letter from UKBA then it means they did over turn it? :)
Yes thats right

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:24 pm

khan786 wrote:I am going to be sending the appeal forms via my solicitor should we send the papers to ait or croydon address cause it does have the ait address stamped on notice of refusal.
Better to the post where it was refused (Croydon) rather than AIT

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 am

Hi
Just got an email from embassy saying..
Thank you for your email of 21/12/2010, enquiring about the progress of your visa application. I can confirm that the appeal has now been processed . We estimate you will therefore receive your decision within 5-10 working days. Please accept our apologies for this delay.

Please do not contact the Visa Application Centre (Gerry's) directly as they will be in touch with you as soon as they receive your paperwork. You can track the whereabouts of your documents at www.ukvacpk.com .

Does this mean that passport has been stamped ?

Thnks

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:06 am

AOA786

c4551m Please tell us little about your story like did you submitted visa application or you won your appeal and after that submit your passport for visa or what? and also tell us what timings of your passport submited at gerry,s that we can also make estimate about for our passports.

Jazak Allah khair

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:08 pm

c4551m wrote:Hi
Just got an email from embassy saying..
Thank you for your email of 21/12/2010, enquiring about the progress of your visa application. I can confirm that the appeal has now been processed . We estimate you will therefore receive your decision within 5-10 working days. Please accept our apologies for this delay.

Please do not contact the Visa Application Centre (Gerry's) directly as they will be in touch with you as soon as they receive your paperwork. You can track the whereabouts of your documents at www.ukvacpk.com .

Does this mean that passport has been stamped ?

Thnks
I see your other posts are related to student visa but is this a settlement application? Can you share the email address where you sent your enquiry to? Also when did you submit your passpot at gerry's after receiving the call leter.

I have sent an email to ukvisasection.pakistansettlementenquiries@fco.gov.uk but no reply as yet!

Thanks

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi
i m currently a tier 4 student and applied astudent dependent visa for my wife bck in march 2010, unfortunetly visa got refused just for silly reason tht i didnt have valid visa infact my visa is till nov 2011,however i appealed, my hearing was on the 11th nov 2010 and the appeal was allowed and I recieved appeal allowed letter on the 27th nov 2010.and then got call letter through email on the 12th dec 2010 and my missus submitted her passport on the 14th dec 2010,so I emailed them to ask what the update, so i got there email today
Thank you for your email of 21/12/2010, enquiring about the progress of your visa application. I can confirm that the appeal has now been processed . We estimate you will therefore receive your decision within 5 working days. Please accept our apologies for this delay.

Please do not contact the Visa Application Centre (Gerry\'s) directly as they will be in touch with you as soon as they receive your paperwork. You can track the whereabouts of your documents at www.ukvacpk.com .

does this email means that the visa been granted or any other requirement

I know its settlement visa section but any of your experience

unique012

Post by unique012 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:06 pm

Salaam everyone,

Hope ur all well, I just submitted my appeal papers now and I am please asking all my brothers and sisters to pray our decision gets overturned quickly in the review process. May Allah swt grant all your wishes and dreams Ameen.

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:24 pm

Hello All

I have submitted my mom passport on 23 December for settlement visa after appeal was allowed.

I have submitted, passport, TB test, Calling letter. However after few hours I received a call from gerrys that I should have submitted a photocopy of sponsor passport as well but then later she goes, I will call you if that is really needed. I have not receive a call from them again

Does that mean the passport has been passed to islamabad for stamping?

How long does it take for the passport to come back?

I submitted at gerrys karachi

Thanks

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:32 pm

hi my husband has sumtited his passport to and he gave my passport photo copy you have to give it with all the other things i think u shud jus shud go back to gerry n giv it them.

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:33 pm

yasmin786 wrote:hi my husband has sumtited his passport to and he gave my passport photo copy you have to give it with all the other things i think u shud jus shud go back to gerry n giv it them.
Hello

Is it really important you think? I will call them again tomorrow to find out whether they have dispatched the passport to Islamabad or not. Becuase if it is very important then they should suppose to call me again to ask photocopy?

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:08 pm

hmm thaz true but they say u must hand a photo copy of passport of sponsers yh ring in tomro see wt they say

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:22 pm

yasmin786 wrote:hi my husband has sumtited his passport to and he gave my passport photo copy you have to give it with all the other things i think u shud jus shud go back to gerry n giv it them.
check your calling letter to see if they have asked for sponsor paassport copy.

you can check it here if your passport has been despatched to the embassy https://www.vfsglobal.org/UKG-PassportT ... /ddzHqXg==

Make sure you use reference given in the receipt when submitted your documents . i the format should be abcd/date submitted/radom numbers/1

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:28 pm

hi sajid on the letter it does not say as my hubby asked his solictor they sed u must send a copy n few other people hav told me

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:21 pm

nasjam wrote:
Hello

Is it really important you think? I will call them again tomorrow to find out whether they have dispatched the passport to Islamabad or not. Becuase if it is very important then they should suppose to call me again to ask photocopy?
It says on call in letter that you submit copy of passport of sponsor but gerrys didnt ask me.... I think that is there job as well to check everything before passing to islamabad?

What if they have send the passport to Islamabad? will they accept the passport and stamp it or they will require the photocopy of passport in any case?

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:01 am

Hi,

My brother in law sbmitted his passport on 15/12/10 at gerry's islamabad after receiing call in letter(call in letter slight differeent from what others received, our letter said decison should be reviewed where as other letter said decsion overturned and visa granted) I don't know if this means something different but his passport status changed today to VISA APPLICATION UNDER PROCESS AT THE BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION ON 05/01/11(though they have the american style date lol)
Does this mean they have only started working on the application? is it the embassy that changed the passport status or gerry's islambad?a bit confused.

I will also update this forum when his passport is ready for collection so others can get rough idea of how long will their stamping take!!

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:32 pm

sajidmahmood wrote:Hi,

My brother in law sbmitted his passport on 15/12/10 at gerry's islamabad after receiing call in letter(call in letter slight differeent from what others received, our letter said decison should be reviewed where as other letter said decsion overturned and visa granted) I don't know if this means something different but his passport status changed today to VISA APPLICATION UNDER PROCESS AT THE BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION ON 05/01/11(though they have the american style date lol)
Does this mean they have only started working on the application? is it the embassy that changed the passport status or gerry's islambad?a bit confused.

I will also update this forum when his passport is ready for collection so others can get rough idea of how long will their stamping take!!

Hello

We have received exact same calling letter.... I think they have just changed the way call letter are.. so that they can be on safe side :)

Sajid, can you please tell me how do you find out status of passport changed? is there any website where you check your passport status?

Thanks

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:45 pm

nasjam wrote:

Hello

We have received exact same calling letter.... I think they have just changed the way call letter are.. so that they can be on safe side :)

Sajid, can you please tell me how do you find out status of passport changed? is there any website where you check your passport status?

yes same website https://www.vfsglobal.org/UKG-PassportT ... /ddzHqXg==

Did your letter also said descision should be reviwed? was your appeal allowed by a judge or ECO,ECM?

Thanks

Thanks

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:11 pm

sajidmahmood wrote:
nasjam wrote:

Hello

yes same website https://www.vfsglobal.org/UKG-PassportT ... /ddzHqXg==

Did your letter also said descision should be reviwed? was your appeal allowed by a judge or ECO,ECM?

Thanks

Thanks

Yes, our call letter also said decision reviewed.... our appeal was allowed by judge and it was for settlement visa for mom to UK

Please do let me know once you receive your passport so I know the time it take for passport to come back

Thanks

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:40 pm

OK then! It looks like they have changed the wording of the letter for Afghan applicants exclusively as both of our cases confirms the same lol. our appeal was withdrawn by the embassy ECO so we didn't need to go to court hearing and yet we got similiar letters.

Following is a reply about "DECISION REVIEWED AND OVERTURNED CONFUSION" I got from an experience member on this forum.

The latter is reffered to when the matter goes to appeal and a decision is made by teh adjudicator to issue visa.

Yours has not gone that far.It has been decided to withdraw appeal and issue visa by UKBA b( pending just a few checeks on maybe one or two things)because they have decided not to go appeal because there is achance that the reasons given by ECO will not stand up in court, so they have decided to "review"application further ( meaning issue visa if everything is ok). This is why they have asked you for new TB certificate, your passport and date of travel. They only do this if they are going to issue a visa, otherwise they would not have demanded these till they had checked everything over like a fine tooth comb

This " review" is different from when you fisrt appeal and teh ECM "reviews" the new points you have outlined in your appeal notice to see whether the right decision was made in the first place.In your circumstances they must have done that in the begining and teh ECM stuck by the original decison, only to be now told by someoine higher than him to look at again.

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:59 pm

sajidmahmood wrote:OK then! It looks like they have changed the wording of the letter for Afghan applicants exclusively as both of our cases confirms the same lol. our appeal was withdrawn by the embassy ECO so we didn't need to go to court hearing and yet we got similiar letters.

Following is a reply about "DECISION REVIEWED AND OVERTURNED CONFUSION" I got from an experience member on this forum.

The latter is reffered to when the matter goes to appeal and a decision is made by teh adjudicator to issue visa.

Yours has not gone that far.It has been decided to withdraw appeal and issue visa by UKBA b( pending just a few checeks on maybe one or two things)because they have decided not to go appeal because there is achance that the reasons given by ECO will not stand up in court, so they have decided to "review"application further ( meaning issue visa if everything is ok). This is why they have asked you for new TB certificate, your passport and date of travel. They only do this if they are going to issue a visa, otherwise they would not have demanded these till they had checked everything over like a fine tooth comb

This " review" is different from when you fisrt appeal and teh ECM "reviews" the new points you have outlined in your appeal notice to see whether the right decision was made in the first place.In your circumstances they must have done that in the begining and teh ECM stuck by the original decison, only to be now told by someoine higher than him to look at again.

Are you afghan? coz I am :) .... Well our one was decided by the judge so I think they will not review it again because the judge gave them 10 days to appeal against the decision.

Can you tell me what was the status of your passport before when you track it on the website? was it like your file been trasnferred to islamabad on this date?

Please do update us when you get your passport back

thannks

SHAHZAD1204
Newly Registered

Post by SHAHZAD1204 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:23 pm

Hey guys, i received a letter from my solictor saying that the home office have written to him and he enclosed a copy to me aswell,but on this letter they sent they wrote the tribunal is saitisfied that this appeal is withdrawn, and it also said the respodent (entry clearance officer) has withdrawn their original decision, and we shall wait to hear from the home office.

I was meant to receive a letter from the tribunal after the end of this month for a date, but instead i got this yesterday,does this mean my case was overturned and my hubby has got his visa?

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:19 pm

SHAHZAD1204 wrote:Hey guys, i received a letter from my solictor saying that the home office have written to him and he enclosed a copy to me aswell,but on this letter they sent they wrote the tribunal is saitisfied that this appeal is withdrawn, and it also said the respodent (entry clearance officer) has withdrawn their original decision, and we shall wait to hear from the home office.

I was meant to receive a letter from the tribunal after the end of this month for a date, but instead i got this yesterday,does this mean my case was overturned and my hubby has got his visa?
Hello

It seems your case was overturned... from my experience you should get a call in letter in sometime and then you have to resubmit your passport along with TB test and then you should get your visa...