ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

achin2510
Newly Registered

Maintenance funds

Post by achin2510 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:41 am

Dear members,

I am frm India and was on the idea of applying Tier1 general on 3rd Jan (as I had to wait till Jan 01 for my funds to complete 90 days ).

But once the news came out on 21st Dec, I looked for this alternative :

1. I showed a min-balance of 2800 gbp in my account for 81 days ( Oct 01 to Dec 21 )
2. I showed a min-balance of 2800 gbp in my father-in-law's account (which is also a joint account for me and my wife ) for the remaining 10 days ( Sep 20 to Sep 30 )

* I have submitted my marriage certificate ( contains my father in laws name and our relation in well defined in it ) , NOC's from my FIL and wife, ID and address proofs of my wife and FIL as supporting documents.

To add more complexity to this, the 2800 GBP mainted in our joint account is actually :

1. 1400 GBP as fixed deposit
2. 1400 GBP as savings account

And both are from the same bank and I got a letter from the bank stating " The sum total of both the accounts [ ac_________ & ac_____________ ] held by 1,2 and 3 has a minimum balance of GBP 2800 during the period Sep 20 to Sep 30 - 2010.

And all the other docs submitted dint have any sort of issues and were quite straight forward.

I just had one day (Dec22 nd) to make these arrangements and I dint have the time to post them here earlier.

Will this work out ?
Dear members, your views / suggestions regarding my issue will be of immense help as iam in a dilemma reg. whether I ve done the right thing or not.

Sorry to make you read such a huge complex write out.

Thanks

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:59 am

It's not too complex, actually fairly easy to read.

There is little point in stressing too much about this now, because what's done is done and there's very little you can do at the moment to correct this whatever the outcome - all you are going to do is to get more stressed about the application and think of all kinds of reasons why they could reject you (believe me, I have though of every possible scenario myself).

The only question I have, is if your account is in India, why your bank letters stated GBP? Also, it would seem that with £2800, you are very much on the borderline in terms of funds? Or was that just mentioned as a minimum? Remember, that they use the exchange rate on the date of application, not the exchange rate used by the bank (therefore, it would have maybe made a bit more sense giving the actual minimum funds in the accounts in INR - unless it's GBP accounts).

It's just a question and possibly the only thing to be concerned about - but as long as the balances are there - regardless of the outcome, you should be able to have it reviewed if the outcome is negative. But don't stress about it though...please... :D

achin2510
Newly Registered

Post by achin2510 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:01 am

Dear mulderpf,
Thanks for replying. You are right. The bank letters have stated the currency in INR.
And I have maintained a min. balance of INR 2,10,000 and as on the application date, INR 1,99,000 was sufficient enough.
Your reply makes me feel that Iam in the safer side. Thanks.

ajitpahuja
Newly Registered

Fixed Deposit Could Create an Issue

Post by ajitpahuja » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:08 am

Hi Achin,

I also applied on 22nd Dec wherein I was to apply on 29th December after the Christmas.

See, there is a proper format for getting the Letter regarding the FD. We have it in many of the topics here.

After many rejections and experiences, people have given a standard format for FD funds in the posts which does not get rejected usually. If it is anywhat different from that chances of getting rejected are too high.

Merely mentioning that the funds are easily withdrawable does not suffice.

If you don't mention the term of deposit, how long funds have been held for and so on, they usually reject the application.

Anyways, still keep your fingers crossed as I have. Let us see our fate.

Regards,
Ajit

achin2510 wrote:Dear mulderpf,
Thanks for replying. You are right. The bank letters have stated the currency in INR.
And I have maintained a min. balance of INR 2,10,000 and as on the application date, INR 1,99,000 was sufficient enough.
Your reply makes me feel that Iam in the safer side. Thanks.