ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa of Ireland from USA

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eagle100
Newly Registered

Visit Visa of Ireland from USA

Post by eagle100 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:18 pm

Hi,

I am on Stamp 4 Working Visa which is due to expire on early April 2011.

Now, I want to apply for visit visa of my mother who is also a Non-EU national living on Green Card in USA.

Since, INIS takes roughly 2 months to process the visa application for 3 months visit visa therefore by the time my mother will get the visit visa it will be start of March 2011.

Question 1) Given the fact that my visa will expire on early April 2011 (which I will renew on early March 2011). Will my mother can get 3 months visit visa? Or will they issue the visa upto the validity of my visa date?

fatty patty

Re: Visit Visa of Ireland from USA

Post by fatty patty » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:06 pm

eagle100 wrote:Hi,

I am on Stamp 4 Working Visa which is due to expire on early April 2011.

Now, I want to apply for visit visa of my mother who is also a Non-EU national living on Green Card in USA.

Since, INIS takes roughly 2 months to process the visa application for 3 months visit visa therefore by the time my mother will get the visit visa it will be start of March 2011.

Question 1) Given the fact that my visa will expire on early April 2011 (which I will renew on early March 2011). Will my mother can get 3 months visit visa? Or will they issue the visa upto the validity of my visa date?
I think the Irish Embassy in US will ask for your current GNIB card (as you are the main sponsor of your mum) if it expires during the time they are making decision on your mother's app. I dont think they will refuse the app but will ask for an update on your GNIB card or once you get it extended send it with a covering letter while the case is pending.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:07 pm

....Since, INIS takes roughly 2 months to process the visa application for 3 months visit visa therefore by the time my mother will get the visit visa it will be start of March 2011...............
Meanwhile, I don't think it should takes that long to process a visit visa to Ireland. Processing time is relatively shorter now. You may or get your mum to ring the Irish embassy in DC to confirm all the same

eagle100
Newly Registered

Post by eagle100 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:45 am

Thanks all for replies.

Yes, I will try to call in DC to get this information. I have also been trying to call INIS here because they are the ones who make the decision.

eagle100
Newly Registered

Post by eagle100 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:26 pm

I spoke to Immigration guy here and he told me that I can still apply for my mother given the fact that my visa will be due for renewal in early april. And my mother can still get 90 days permit to stay in ireland, regardless if my visa expires.

I am a bit confused. Because if host visa is going to expire then how come immigration will let my mother get into the country.... Don't know what to do at the moment?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:53 pm

eagle100 wrote:I spoke to Immigration guy here and he told me that I can still apply for my mother given the fact that my visa will be due for renewal in early april. And my mother can still get 90 days permit to stay in ireland, regardless if my visa expires.

I am a bit confused. Because if host visa is going to expire then how come immigration will let my mother get into the country.... Don't know what to do at the moment?
If you need your mum around ASAP, I'll advice you apply anyway. It is very very likely that a decision would have been made on the application before your residency expires; if you apply now. The time frame for visa decision is now within 10 working days for most countries since the introduction of the AVATS online application system

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Su ... _Countries

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/In ... pplication

https://www.visas.inis.gov.ie/avats/OnlineHome.aspx

BTW, should you want to put any doubt behind you, you can go to INIS and get your current residency stamp renewed now. You are eligible for renewal 3 months from the expiry dates of the current stamp. Either way, I don't think you should have any problem.

Good luck.