ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply with my husband ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amberw

Can I apply with my husband ?

Post by amberw » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi,

I do apologise, if this question is asked before.

My husband and kids are going to apply for citizenship next week. My husband got his ILR after 10 year long residency last year. I got my two year transition visa as I was dependent on him. I am here in UK from last 8 years now.
My questions are:
1. Can I apply for citizenship with my husband next week as I am in Uk more than five years now.
2. Or should I wait for my husband to get citizenship and then apply for mine as spouse of british citizen.

thanks for any help.
thanks
amber

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Do you have settled status (ILR)?

What "transition visa" are you referring to, as there is no such visa? What was your husband's immigration status before he was granted settlement (e.g. - Tier 4 / Tier 2 / Tier 1 etc.)?

regards

amberw

Post by amberw » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:18 pm

Thanks for your quick response.
my husband was on HSMP before applying for ILR (It was 8 years student and 2 years HSMP).
I was on HSMP dependent, then my husband got his ILR (on september 2009) and I got temporary permission to stay in the UK (using application form FLR(M)). This is 2 years visa. I don't have ILR.
thanks
amber

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:58 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.