ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

themonsoonhunter

Tier 1 Dependent Question

Post by themonsoonhunter » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi Gurus,

While filling up the application of tier 1 extension dependent, I am I got few questions related to few fields.
Most of the answers are present in the guide document. However few points I want to double check with you Gurus. Please suggest??

I am applying for extension next week

1. What reference number I should mention for the following questions?

B11. Home Office reference number(s) (if known):
B12. Give details of any current or previous worker reference number(s) under work permit arrangements (if applicable):
B14. Points Based System migrant reference number (if known):

I got Acknowledgement number and application reference number. But both of them are too big to fit into the space given for reference number.
VFS-IN-XX-XXXXXX-X
DEAC/XXXXXX/XXXXXX/X
I am not sure if these are VFS reference number or home office?

2. My wife applied for entry clearance from New Delhi India last year, and she has given biometric as per normal process for PBS dependent. She did not receive any biometric reference or card. Now she is not sure whether she should put F10 as yes. If she does then what should be the answer of F13?

F10. Has the dependant had fingerprints taken as part of a previous United Kingdom immigration application made in the United Kingdom or abroad?
F11. Give details when fingerprints were taken:
F12. Give details where fingerprints were taken, including the town or city and country:
F13.Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was/were made abroad.

NOTE: We tried contacting VFS but they don’t know anything about this. Not sure what to do?

3. Should section 5 signed by main applicant or dependent? In our case I am submitting my statements for funds and paying using my credit card?

Thanks a ton in advance.

themonsoonhunter

Post by themonsoonhunter » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:17 pm

Any suggestions please ???

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:47 pm

1. This is explained in the help text on page 51 of the PBS dependent form. It might be called 'Case ID' in which case it's a set of numbers only e.g. 01609234 or Home Office ref which is usually the first letter of your surname plus around 6 digits, e.g, A123456

See page 51 which explains what worker ref numbers of PBS migrant numbers are. The form says 'if known' so if you don't know them or don't have them don't worry.

2. Biometric Residence Permits are not issued to those applying for entry clearance they are only for in country applications, however you wife would've given biometric information when she made her application in New Delhi so she needs to give this information in answer to questions F10 - F13

3. Which part of section 5 are you referring to? It's fairly self explanatort

Where it says 'for the applicant' and ''dependent' then your wife should sign.

The only part you should sign is where it says:

If the account with the bank or utility company is in the joint names of the applicant and other people, each of those others should sign the following declaration :

or

If the account with the bank or utility company relates to another person who is to provide the applicant with financial support, that person* should sign the following declaration :

which ever is relevant to you

FInally I would advise against paying by credit card unless absolutely necessary as there are often problems with card payments being rejected by the credit card company or bank resulting in the applicaiton being invalid. It's best to pay by postal order or bankers draft. If you must pay by card contact your bank/credit card company to tell them about the transaction inadvance

themonsoonhunter

Post by themonsoonhunter » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:19 am

Thanks Greenie for the reply.

1. I don’t think we received any such reference other than the mentioned above. In that case we are planning to keep B11-B12-B14-B15 blank as we are not sure about the numbers. Hope these fields are optional??

2. Well we know the answer everything but F13. What is the British diplomatic post name? Any idea where to get this information from?

Thanks in advance.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:18 pm

1. If you don't know them it's fine

2. This is the embassy where your wife made the application for entry clearance - you mention New Delhi below. Don't worry if you can't remember the exact date she gave fingerprints the month and year is enough.

themonsoonhunter

Post by themonsoonhunter » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Thanks Greenie!!