ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rules chagned for Postgraduate Diploma Holders on 15 October

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amjidsultan86
Newly Registered

Rules chagned for Postgraduate Diploma Holders on 15 October

Post by amjidsultan86 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:43 pm

I applied for tier 1 genral on 14 October 2010.My qualification is Postgraduate diploma from uk listed bodies .On 15th Octobor rules changed. the statement was..........................................

From 12th October 2010, all applicants submitting a postgraduate certificate (PGC) or postgraduate diploma (PGD) awarded by a UK listed body must also submit a letter of equivalency issued by UK NARIC in order to score points for qualifications or English language skills.

My question is .... this change is published on 15 Octobor on ukba web site ...and i applied on 14 Octobor ......Does this changed affect me because the wording is .................From 12th October 2010, all applicants submitting a postgraduate certificate (PGC) or postgraduate diploma (PGD)

THanks

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:28 pm

all you can do now is wait for the UKBA decision, whether or not they consider your application under the previous arrangment is upto them. IMO either the decision will not be in your favour or they will return your application unprocessed. (if they have'nt already deducted the application fee).

best of luck anyway!

amjidsultan86
Newly Registered

Post by amjidsultan86 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:42 pm

they have deducted the application fee ...the next day on 15 october

adamnator83

pgd level 7

Post by adamnator83 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:30 am

hi,
i have the same problem but my application was refused. going for appeal. let me know the outcome of yours please.

amuk

Post by amuk » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:01 pm

If it's effective October 12th, then I'm afraid the application will likely be rejected.

However, I read _somewhere_ that you can add further documentation to your application BEFORE it is being processed. (I have no reference at hand and it's best to verify that with a senior)

Edit: meanwhile, call them and/or mail them! And do send them the required document ASAP.

adamnator83

Post by adamnator83 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:16 pm

amuk wrote:If it's effective October 12th, then I'm afraid the application will likely be rejected.

However, I read _somewhere_ that you can add further documentation to your application BEFORE it is being processed. (I have no reference at hand and it's best to verify that with a senior)

Edit: meanwhile, call them and/or mail them! And do send them the required document ASAP.
Can someone send me please report from pbs calculator when it was giving points for pg diploma...
thanks

khanjaan

Post by khanjaan » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:43 pm

adamnator83 wrote:
amuk wrote:If it's effective October 12th, then I'm afraid the application will likely be rejected.

Can someone send me please report from pbs calculator when it was giving points for pg diploma...
thanks
they publish that on 15th and the link has been taken off but the calculator was showing point till the end of october you will win the case do appeal or challenge it ok

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:42 pm

Well I can see the calculator is still giving points for PGDBA for my University and im going to apply with that hopefully next week

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:10 pm

You are very unlikely to win an appeal if you applied after 12 October but before the end of October without a letter from NARIC, even if the PBS calculator gave you points. That is because at the time of your application they were very clear about the rules that you needed to submit letter of equivalency from NARIC for PGDs and PGCs. Your application will be assessed based on the rules which were in force at the time of your application. You did not submit letter from NARIC as per the requirements at the time, thus your application was invalid. It is obvious that this rule was put into place at the time while they were getting their database cleaned up.

add_mah, as this is not a requirement at the moment and you get points, you should be fine with your application.

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:05 pm

And let me add "time of application" is the "date and time" you posted your application, if you sending by royal mail.

adamnator83

Post by adamnator83 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:31 am

mulderpf wrote:You are very unlikely to win an appeal if you applied after 12 October but before the end of October without a letter from NARIC, even if the PBS calculator gave you points. That is because at the time of your application they were very clear about the rules that you needed to submit letter of equivalency from NARIC for PGDs and PGCs. Your application will be assessed based on the rules which were in force at the time of your application. You did not submit letter from NARIC as per the requirements at the time, thus your application was invalid. It is obvious that this rule was put into place at the time while they were getting their database cleaned up.

add_mah, as this is not a requirement at the moment and you get points, you should be fine with your application.
I submitted my application to ukba on the 7 th of october

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:23 am

adamnator83 wrote:Can someone send me please report from pbs calculator when it was giving points for pg diploma...
thanks
Which PGD are you looking for? E.g. what is your qualification - you cannot just use any PGD :lol:

adamnator83

Post by adamnator83 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:37 pm

mulderpf wrote:
adamnator83 wrote:Can someone send me please report from pbs calculator when it was giving points for pg diploma...
thanks
Which PGD are you looking for? E.g. what is your qualification - you cannot just use any PGD :lol:
sorry, for PG diploma from BITE

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:56 pm

who says HO stop giving visas on basis of PG Dip, my friend just got visa today on basis of PG diploma, but he did it from recognised university not from the college, he applied on 8 january and got the passport today