ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pcb_in

ILR Query

Post by pcb_in » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:07 am

Hi All,
I am thinking to apply for ILR in 01 March 2011. I have few queries to comment by expert and/or experienced.
1. In counting of no. of days absent from UK do they exclude Saturday Sunday and public holiday or not?
2. My hsmp is after 6/04/2006 and before 06/11/2010 before that I was on WP. So will I be exempted from KOL test for ILR or not? as per HSMP JR and also as per some solicitor I should be.
3. Can I apply 28 days before in in-person(not postal) application also?
4. When I will be able to book my appointment? I mean earliest time b4 appointment date?
Your comments are highly appriciated. Please guide me a link if these queries are already discussed in some other post.
Thanks and Regards
PC

pcb_in

Post by pcb_in » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:58 am

Hi,
I am in doubt whether my queries are irrelevent as I have not received any reply or comment so far?
PC

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:55 pm

all questions have been covered in the forum countless times. please use search function.

pcb_in

Post by pcb_in » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:25 pm

Hi XYZ123,
Thanks for your response. I tried to search these points specially counting of Saturday Sunday but I could not find any, may be not using right key word. So, it will be great if you may reply with some link.
Thanks
PC

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:50 am

I don't understand why you would think that Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays would not be counted towards number of days absent. They do not ask for working days absent.

I cannot give you a link to this, as I very much doubt that any sort of guide would have to explain that all 7 days of the week would count towards your days absent.