ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When i should apply for Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

awayra

When i should apply for Naturalization

Post by awayra » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:45 pm

Hi

I have a ILR which i just got last year (Nov 2010). I had an asylum case on humanitarian grounds and got my five years leave at the time of acceptance of my case in 2005. in Oct i sent my application for ILR under SET route and got my ILR in just couple of weeks time.

Now i just wanted to know when i can apply for naturalisation? i just checked the naturalisation form and it says that person living legally spend five years of time in UK can apply for Naturalisation after getting ILR.

So please advice how long should i wait ??? a year or i can apply straight away for it.

P.S= I HAD TWO KIDS DURING MY STAY IN FIVE YEARS AND THEY HAVE SAME STATUS (ILR). IS THERE ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS???

PLEASE HELP..

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:00 am

Now i just wanted to know when i can apply for naturalisation? i just checked the naturalisation form and it says that person living legally spend five years of time in UK can apply for Naturalisation after getting ILR.

Unless married to a British Citizen you also need to have ILR for 12 months.

P.S= I HAD TWO KIDS DURING MY STAY IN FIVE YEARS AND THEY HAVE SAME STATUS (ILR). IS THERE ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS???

If Kids were born in the UK you can reister them now using the MN form. Otherwise they would need to naturalize with you.