ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Natularisation for children born abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunny69
Newly Registered

Natularisation for children born abroad

Post by sunny69 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:04 pm

Hello,

I am sorry if I am asking the same question again but I tried going through many posts with no luck. I would like to clarify how to go about my children application for the purpose of BC. Let me first give you my information.
1. Both me & my wife married in India and children born to us while in India before I first came to UK under HSMP in March 2006. My family joined me as dependents one year after I arrived here.
2. All of us granted ILR in Feb 2010 under JR- 4yrs and I wish to apply for Natularisation in March 2011 as I will satisfy all the conditions mentioned.
3. Since my family only complete 4 yrs stay in UK by that time, we cannot apply together even though they got ILR for one year.
4. However I wish to know if I can apply for my kids as well along with me - as they both are 10 yrs old and lived in UK since April 2007?
5. The idea is my wife can apply later as a spouse of BC once we attain ours first.

Please clarify if that is possible and which form I should use for the children as I am confused about some terms like ' Registration', MN1, MN2 etc..

Many thanks for your help in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:20 pm

4. Yes. MN1.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sunny69
Newly Registered

Post by sunny69 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:10 pm

Many thanks vinny. Would the children then be automatically qualified to Register as a BC as long as they complete one year after getting their ILR and also complete 3 years of stay in UK? The reason I am asking is will it be necessary to have atleast one of their parent to be either qualify for BC like in my case as I will be applying with them or even otherwise they qualify? This way, I can apply for them alone w/o bothering about us as long as we remain on ILR?
My second question is: in order to avoid the application fees twice, do my wife also need to wait until she completes 5 years stay in UK or can we all apply together?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:40 pm

Do click on the above links for further information. it's necessary for a parent to have BC or applying at the same time as the children. If your wife wants to apply together with you, then she should also satisfy the standard requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.