ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Latan

Post by Latan » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:49 pm

Definitely a FG minister for JUSTICE- after the next general election !! That will sort things out !

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:42 pm

Latan wrote:Definitely a FG minister for JUSTICE- after the next general election !! That will sort things out !
oh Latan,
you still optimistic!!!!!!
anyway happy new year to and all
peace on you

Latan

Post by Latan » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:43 pm

....absolutely !! ahern is claiming to be suffering from "ill-ness" so he's definitely a goner this year, so is his buddy, dempsey, transport minister- it 's only a matter of time.....2011 is here, and the wheel is turning !!

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:52 pm

Latan wrote:....absolutely !! ahern is claiming to be suffering from "ill-ness" so he's definitely a goner this year, so is his buddy, dempsey, transport minister- it 's only a matter of time.....2011 is here, and the wheel is turning !!
no I'm talking about the coming minister ,who will solve all the problems of the immigrants.
that will not ever come
peace on you

Abdul-w-A
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul-w-A » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:24 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
Latan wrote:....absolutely !! ahern is claiming to be suffering from "ill-ness" so he's definitely a goner this year, so is his buddy, dempsey, transport minister- it 's only a matter of time.....2011 is here, and the wheel is turning !!
no I'm talking about the coming minister ,who will solve all the problems of the immigrants.
that will not ever come
I dont expect miracles from the next Minister but regardless of who he is I believe he will be better by a million times that Ahern whose political career offerend NOTHING to Ireland but incompetence and ... oh yeah blasphemy laws.

robby1
BANNED

application

Post by robby1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:44 am

hi guys,

i am applying for citizenship at the end of this month on form 8, i am looking at the documentation requested with the form and one of them is

â–¡ Letter from your current and previous employers covering employment dates from your date of arrival to date of application, showing
commencement and finish dates for each job to this office at your earliest convenience.

i have worked in eight different places ,in some for very short period and two of them are closed ,do i need to have letters from all of them?

appreciate for any reply.
thanks

fatty patty

Re: application

Post by fatty patty » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:12 pm

robby1 wrote:hi guys,

i am applying for citizenship at the end of this month on form 8, i am looking at the documentation requested with the form and one of them is

â–¡ Letter from your current and previous employers covering employment dates from your date of arrival to date of application, showing
commencement and finish dates for each job to this office at your earliest convenience.

i have worked in eight different places ,in some for very short period and two of them are closed ,do i need to have letters from all of them?

thanks
In my opinion mention all your jobs that you had in the past on the form but attach letters from the employers you think you can get it + when applying send a cover letter stating the position regarding closed down employers, you can't submit what you don't have, i dont think it will become an issue, most recent employment would be the major one. good luck with the app.

Tattta
Newly Registered

Re: application

Post by Tattta » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:51 pm

robby1 wrote:hi guys,

thanks
Hi, I had the same problem, few businesses closed down since I worked there.. I just rang up the employer and asked for permission to type up the letter myself.. Nobody said no :) Got exact starting/finishing dates from tax office.

I think it's better to have all the stuff as requested, otherwise you only gonna loose time with sending your papers back and forth..

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi Guys
Just wondering how long it takes someone with refugee status to get their naturalisation certificate.
Is it the same 26 months as others or is it lesser?
Its never too late

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:31 pm

IntheQ wrote:
catch_hunter wrote:Hi Guys,
I applied for naturalisation in July this year.

I don't have a birth certificate from India. So, I got a birth certificate from Indian Embassy in Dublin. Along with that I also attached the Long Form Birth Certificate oath stamped by the solicitor.

After 2 weeks, I got a rejection letter saying that they need a birth certificate from India or I should write an application why I don't have a birth certificate from India.

To this, I wrote an application letter mentioning that because my father's job was trasferrable I lost the birth certificate. The place I was born is 2000 Km away from where my parents currently stay. Also, my father had an operation recently and hence I can't ask him to go there. Under all these circumstances, it will be difficult for me to get a birth certificate from India and hence I requested the Indian Embassy to issue me a birth certificate. Further to this, I have also attached the long form birth certificate oath stamped by the solicitor.

To my surprise, they have rejected my application this time again and asked me to get a birth certificate from India.

Now, I am really clueless and don't know what to do.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.
This was never an issue before. I know couple of my friends (from India) who got naturalised and submitted Birth Cert. issued by Indian Embassy.

DoJ is just trying to find every little excuse they can to refuse the applications these days.

May I suggest that you try http://www.yourmaninindia.com to get your Birth Cert. from India. They might be bit expensive but they do have a good track record.

Thanks guys. Finally, I received my Date of Birth certificate from India last week of November. After that I again sent my application to INIS and have finally gotten my reference number from INIS mid of December. As usual the waiting time mentioned on the letter is 26 months. It took me 3 months to get the birth certificate from India. So, in total, from mid July till mid December, I took 5 months just to sort out my birth certificate issue. Now, I am not sure how long the actual application process will take though I am happy that for the first time in my life I have seen my birth certificate. If not the Irish passport at least I will enjoy my Indian date of birth certificate: lol:

I am not sure about other country people but for Indians, for sure, my suggestion to everybody, who don't have birth certificate, would be, please get your date of birth certificate from India and don't waste your money and time on Indian Embassy certificates.

I still wonder, god forbid though, what if an Irish fella dies in India. Should Indian govt. respect the authenticity of an Irish embassy based in India or should they ask for a letter from Ireland before they dispatch his dead body? It sounds crude but it is the truth when you don't respect a document issued by an embassy, it shows that you don't respect its authenticity.

Latan

Post by Latan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:09 pm

...i feel that citizens from Asia (India, Pakistan and Bangladesh) get singled out for special attention even though they went the extra mile to get all documentation and meet all criteria- keep the pressure on them !! They can't keep running forever.... :)

IntheQ
Newly Registered

Post by IntheQ » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:29 pm

Latan wrote:...i feel that citizens from Asia (India, Pakistan and Bangladesh) get singled out for special attention even though they went the extra mile to get all documentation and meet all criteria- keep the pressure on them !! They can't keep running forever.... :)
Anything to prove this ?
Most of my Indian friends got approved within timeline (26months) and 3 of them within 20months.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:40 pm

IntheQ wrote:
Latan wrote:...i feel that citizens from Asia (India, Pakistan and Bangladesh) get singled out for special attention even though they went the extra mile to get all documentation and meet all criteria- keep the pressure on them !! They can't keep running forever.... :)
Anything to prove this ?
Most of my Indian friends got approved within timeline (26months) and 3 of them within 20months.
@IntheQ
as a matter of curiosity, can you give a rough idea as to when your friends had filed their forms for naturalisation (which year?).

Latan

Post by Latan » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:35 pm

...they replied Sept. 07 and JAN .08.....still awaiting a reply after they submiltted ALL documentation- both are indian-citizens.

IntheQ
Newly Registered

Post by IntheQ » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:09 am

strongbow wrote:
IntheQ wrote:
Anything to prove this ?
@IntheQ
as a matter of curiosity, can you give a rough idea as to when your friends had filed their forms for naturalisation (which year?).
Hi Strongbow,
Most of them applied in mid 2008 and have Irish their passports already.
2 guys (working for major IT firm on a good salary) applied in Late 2008 and have their passports as well.

adura

Naturalization

Post by adura » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:30 pm

Got the letter to take an oath today...
God makes all things beautiful

bugu07

Re: Naturalization

Post by bugu07 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:27 pm

timeline please
thanks

adura

Post by adura » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Applied April 2008,
They asked for documentation April 2010
Documentation sent May Ending..
No word from them till October 2010 when they requested BC
Nov.2010 more payslips and bank Statement requested..
Received yellow paper today for oath taking.

adura

Post by adura » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:27 pm

Swearing an Oath on the 21st at a district court

Wishing those still left God's speed and Favour

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:46 am

adura wrote:Got the letter to take an oath today...
Congrats Adura.

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:20 am

adura wrote:Got the letter to take an oath today...
Congratulations Adura.

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:26 am

Took Oath along with other 17 new citizens on 05th Jan :)
Sent yellow form back to DoJ the same day, received confirmation today and now waiting for my Naturalisation Cert.

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:24 am

nice one m8, looks like this train is moving.....

Congratulation

ps one person less from GNIB queue ;)
asrpb wrote:Took Oath along with other 17 new citizens on 05th Jan :)
Sent yellow form back to DoJ the same day, received confirmation today and now waiting for my Naturalisation Cert.

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:10 pm

flatpack wrote:nice one m8, looks like this train is moving.....

Congratulation

ps one person less from GNIB queue ;)
asrpb wrote:Took Oath along with other 17 new citizens on 05th Jan :)
Thanks +ive flatpack :)

Train is moving indeed BUT unlike other countries (where they have bullet trains) in Ireland it still runs on coal. Speed & efficiency is the issue here :lol:

southdubliner

Post by southdubliner » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:26 pm

adura wrote:Applied April 2008,
They asked for documentation April 2010
Documentation sent May Ending..
No word from them till October 2010 when they requested BC
Nov.2010 more payslips and bank Statement requested..
Received yellow paper today for oath taking.
Mind if i ask you what nationality you are? because i strongly suspect that Asian people are getting special attention. Thanks