ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Issued - Some small doubts

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hvaidya
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Issued - Some small doubts

Post by hvaidya » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:58 am

Hi All,

I got my Tier-1 issued on 5th Jan, received my passport today!!!

First of all I would like to thank the moderators and members of this forum for the valuable inputs and recommendations which made this a success!! Everything on this forum, let it be information about Cover Letter or generic queries from members, was EXCELLENT...

Since the journey begins now, can someone please help me with these lingering thoughts:

1) I didnt apply for a Dependent VISA for my wife, as we are not sure of her career path, does anyone has an idea about the validity of Visitor's VISA, if my wife plans to join me sometime later for couple of months (taking temp leave from her current job).

2) As I understand, this VISA is valid for 2 years, can I travel on this VISA anytime during these 2 years (suppose I find a job only after 5 months from now) or do I need to make an immediate move?

3) Last but not the least, can you please direct me to the links on this forum where I can find further information about job scenarios,travel/stay arrangements in UK?

Thanks once again for all your help!

Regards,
Himanshu.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Issued (New Delhi) - Some small doubts

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 am

First of all congrats for getting visa.

Answers to your questions:

1. Although Tier1 has now closed but your wife can still apply for your dependent visa in future from India. And yes, option for family visit visa is always open

2. To my knowledge, there is no hard rule of the date of entry to UK after getting tier 1 visa. According to my personal experience/knowledge if you come to UK within first 12 months of visa, it should not be a problem. If you come after 18 months. Still the chances are there wont be much of a issue at immigration desk at UK airport. But you can be asked many questions and may be entry refused.. it dependents how you go thru interview and what kind of immigration officer you come across.

3. Last but not least. Please use the search option in this forum. Do not expect others to do donkey work for you. All of your questoins have been answered in the past anyway.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Issued (New Delhi) - Some small doubts

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:39 am

hvaidya wrote:1) I didnt apply for a Dependent VISA for my wife, as we are not sure of her career path, does anyone has an idea about the validity of Visitor's VISA, if my wife plans to join me sometime later for couple of months (taking temp leave from her current job).
Visitors - visa application guide.
Post visit visa queries in this forum
hvaidya wrote:2) As I understand, this VISA is valid for 2 years, can I travel on this VISA anytime during these 2 years (suppose I find a job only after 5 months from now) or do I need to make an immediate move?
If you do not travel within 28 days of the visa effective date, you may need to apply for a 2nd extension before becoming eligible for settlement. Search the forum, there are numerous posts that explain the issue.
hvaidya wrote:3) Last but not the least, can you please direct me to the links on this forum where I can find further information about job scenarios,travel/stay arrangements in UK?
Post such queries in the appropriate forums.

regards

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:46 am

Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

hvaidya
Newly Registered

Post by hvaidya » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:06 am

Thanks all for your inputs...

I'll search in the right forums