ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bachelor's Degree Point

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hmburhan
Newly Registered

Bachelor's Degree Point

Post by hmburhan » Sun May 21, 2006 5:53 pm

I have done my BCS(H) from recognized University of Pakistan but our gratuation is not equivalent to UK's Bachelor's degree as it is 15 years here and 16 years there in UK. So how can I claim bachelor's degree points?. please guide me.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Bachelor's Degree Point

Post by pantaiema » Mon May 22, 2006 1:59 pm

Dear Hmburhan

There is already few case have been reported in this forum that the caseworker did not recognise Bachelor's degree from Pakistan to be equivalent with UK Bachelor degree.

But I think the best thing you could do/try is to send your certificate to NARIC to assess your degree. If NARIC assesment recommend that it is equivalent then it will defenitely recognised. Just try
Pantaiema

hmburhan wrote:I have done my BCS(H) from recognized University of Pakistan but our gratuation is not equivalent to UK's Bachelor's degree as it is 15 years here and 16 years there in UK. So how can I claim bachelor's degree points?. please guide me.
Last edited by pantaiema on Mon May 22, 2006 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Mon May 22, 2006 5:08 pm

I know a case personally, B.C.S from AIOU was awarded zero points by HSMP team.

hmburhan
Newly Registered

Thanx

Post by hmburhan » Mon May 22, 2006 7:00 pm

you cleared my confusion

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon May 22, 2006 9:42 pm

Sorry

eagertowork
Newly Registered

Post by eagertowork » Tue May 23, 2006 5:43 pm

Hi

I have done Bachelors in Computer from National University of Computer and Emerginf Sciences that was 3 years BCS degree and NARIC has accepted it as equivalent to UK Bachelors (Ordinary) Degree level

Hope that provides some insight

hmburhan
Newly Registered

Post by hmburhan » Tue May 23, 2006 7:25 pm

Is your 15yrs education also include bachelor's degree? or do you had master's degree aswell?
Secondly if NARIC approved your bachelor's degree then how much is the chance of getting it approved from UK home office also? Will they give points or not?

Actuallly I got a refusal and now iam planing to apply again so I'm quite sensitive in asking so many questions.

Thanx

hmburhan
Newly Registered

Post by hmburhan » Tue May 23, 2006 7:34 pm

In case if NARIC accepts my degree then what are the chances.

buzz_dilli

Post by buzz_dilli » Tue May 23, 2006 8:51 pm

hmburhan - i would personally think that if NARIC were to find your degree credententials equivalent to a UK Bachelors degree then the home office should award you the points designated for a bachelor's degree.

Cheers !!

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed May 24, 2006 1:25 pm

I totally agree with this.
Caseworker are not educational expert, so they need to believe NARIC.

Pantaiema
buzz_dilli wrote:hmburhan - i would personally think that if NARIC were to find your degree credententials equivalent to a UK Bachelors degree then the home office should award you the points designated for a bachelor's degree.

Cheers !!