ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recieved summons during application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Xlife
Newly Registered

Recieved summons during application

Post by Xlife » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:43 am

I sent my BC application out yesterday, but recieved a summons to appear in court for non payment of council tax today.

If I pay this debt off immediately, will the summons still appear on any checks the home office do and do I need to tell them even if I pay the debt before the court date? Dont know if this will be classed as not disclosing a civil court judgement

dgat
Newly Registered

Re: Recieved summons during application

Post by dgat » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:46 pm

Xlife wrote:I sent my BC application out yesterday, but recieved a summons to appear in court for non payment of council tax today.

If I pay this debt off immediately, will the summons still appear on any checks the home office do and do I need to tell them even if I pay the debt before the court date? Dont know if this will be classed as not disclosing a civil court judgement
It is not a CCJ, but still a violation of terms for good character requirement. Read the guidance notes.

If I were you, I would reach an agreement with the council first. And, submit additional document ( agreement letter) with your home office reference no ( your initial acknowledgement letter would have it).