ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Extended Family Permit for parent.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sufit
Newly Registered

EEA Extended Family Permit for parent.

Post by sufit » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:29 pm

I am trying to figure out whether it would be possible to bring my non-EEA father to the UK under the EEA family permit.

I am an A2 Accession State national and have moved permanently to the UK about 3 years ago. Prior to that I was living in my own EEA state without my father and the last time we were part of the same household was for a period of 13 years, ending in 2003. After that, I lived with him in a non-EEA state for a further year and a half, ending in 2005. Ever since then I have been living in an EEA country and he has been in a non-EEA country.

Is there anyway I can help him get an EEA family permit?

Thanks for any help you can offer and let me know if there's any other information that you might need :)

easy77

Post by easy77 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:46 pm

If u got proof of that and some financial dependence on you like money transfers then u've got a very strong case.

sufit
Newly Registered

Post by sufit » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:08 am

Thanks easy77. In case he manages to obtain the EEA family permit, would my dad be able to bring in his wife and child? (the child is, obviously, my half-brother, but I am unrelated to his wife except through my dad).

Many thanks for your help!

sufit
Newly Registered

Post by sufit » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:30 pm

Any ideas? :)

sufit
Newly Registered

Post by sufit » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:30 pm

Any ideas?

sufit
Newly Registered

Post by sufit » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:31 pm

any ideas?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:45 pm

If you can show evidence that they are all dependant on you, and would meet the criteria for extended family members, which has gone through series of ammendment as a result of few Court of Appeal ruling such as Bigia and SM Indian and others, and also some of the criteria in the EEA regulations. Then there should be a realistic expectation on your part that the ECO will exercise discretion in their favour and issue an EEA family permit.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors