ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Public Funds Clarification

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SgtBellPepper

Public Funds Clarification

Post by SgtBellPepper » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:03 pm

Just to be absolutely clear and put my mind at ease can someone please let me know if the following that I am claiming is ok and will not count in any way against my wife's or my daughter's ILR application when it comes around?

I am an employed British citizen. I am married to a South African wife who is a stay at home mum. We have three children. 2 British (daughter and son) and 1 South African (daughter). My wife is on a Spouse Visa and my South African daughter is on a Dependant Visa.

I am currently only claiming and receiving the following :

Working Tax Credit
Child Tax Credit
Housing Benefit
Child Benefit x 3

Many thanks,

Cheers,

Sarge.

:D

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:19 pm

Your situation is covered thoroughly in the pinned topic in this section of this board .... Benefits : affecting ILR? Read this b4 starting new topic.

That is, your situation is far from unique, and is the same as everyone else in the same situation.
John

SgtBellPepper

Post by SgtBellPepper » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:45 pm

Thanks John.

orion
Newly Registered

need advice

Post by orion » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi, i am British and my fiance came over he can't claim any public funds, we will get married soon, i have children from my previous marriage can i claim public funds HB I/S CTC for my self and children without telling authorities about my fiance details.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:08 pm

If you don't disclose your change of circumstances, that you fiance is now living with you, this would be considered as benefit fraud and liable to legal prosecution.