ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refugee status/Naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ostrich
Nigeria

Refugee status/Naturalisation

Post by ostrich » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:40 pm

Can people with refugee status currently in the process of naturalisation give me a hint on these please.
Is it the same 24-26 months waiting time for people with refugee status or is their application processed faster?
In regards to reckonable residence, is it 3 years from the time one applied for asylum or from the time refugee status is confirmed. Thanks a mill
Its never too late

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:25 pm

The reckonable residence starts counting from when you receive your letter stating that the Minister recognises you as a refugee.

As for processing times, I am not sure, I would assume you have to wait the same amount of time as the everyone else.

You already get to apply for it sooner than others and there is no fee in your case either.

Good luck.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Thanks
Its never too late

villim
Newly Registered

Post by villim » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:59 pm

The minister has repeatedly stated that refugees' applications are processed as quickly as possible. It is unclear if that actually affects the processing time (but I seem to recall people saying theirs were processed pretty quick, so it probably does).
"In accordance with the Government’s obligations under the United Nations Convention relating to the Status of Refugees, every effort is made to ensure that [naturalisation] applications from persons with refugee status are dealt with as quickly as possible."

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:33 pm

"In accordance with the Government’s obligations under the United Nations Convention relating to the Status of Refugees, every effort is made to ensure that [naturalisation] applications from persons with refugee status are dealt with as quickly as possible."

@ villim
Where did you get this quote from?
Its never too late

villim
Newly Registered

Post by villim » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:56 am

ostrich wrote:@ villim
Where did you get this quote from?
Written answers in the Dáil. See dail.ie or kildarestreet.com. Do a search for refugee naturalisation.

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:48 pm

alright thank bro. will sure be putting my application in february
Its never too late