ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 General Visa refused

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shoforu
Newly Registered

UK Tier 1 General Visa refused

Post by shoforu » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi,
I had applied for UK Tier 1 General Visa, my visa got rejected for following reason, UK TIER-1 GENERAL VISA REFUSED AS BANK STATEMENTS ARE NOT ON THE CORRECT STATIONARY.

I had provided the following documents for Previous Earnings,
1) Letter from the accountant of the amount received.
2) Letter from the accountant of Invoice explanation.
3) ICICI bank statements printed on a plain stationery then duly signed and stamped by bank officer.
4) ICICI bank letter and bank statement for last three month. (For maintenance fund)

Question : I didn't even get the point for maintenance fund as supporting letter from bank confirming my last 3 months balance was attached. Should I raise this point in my admin rw ?

I read the previous posts and found them very helpful, I am planning to apply for AR and am also planning to send bank statements with the logo along with the AR request. As suggested, I will take the bank statement with logo from ICICI for exactly the same time period (as original statement), will get it signed and stamped, will also take a supporting letter from the bank on their letterhead confirming that it is their standard procedure to provide over-the-counter account statements without logo but with signature and stamp by bank official on each page. This letter will also confirm that the original statement without logo was furnished by the bank only and is genuine and whenever inquired by visa officials; bank will confirm the genuineness of the bank statement.

I am yet working on above and soon will post the final copy of my admin review.

Please let me know the key points which I should include.

Will be very thankful for all the replies .

ajitpahuja
Newly Registered

Re: UK Tier 1 General Visa refused

Post by ajitpahuja » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:40 pm

shoforu wrote:Hi,
I had applied for UK Tier 1 General Visa, my visa got rejected for following reason, UK TIER-1 GENERAL VISA REFUSED AS BANK STATEMENTS ARE NOT ON THE CORRECT STATIONARY.

3) ICICI bank statements printed on a plain stationery then duly signed and stamped by bank officer.
4) ICICI bank letter and bank statement for last three month. (For maintenance fund)

Question : I didn't even get the point for maintenance fund as supporting letter from bank confirming my last 3 months balance was attached. Should I raise this point in my admin rw ?

I read the previous posts and found them very helpful, I am planning to apply for AR and am also planning to send bank statements with the logo along with the AR request. As suggested, I will take the bank statement with logo from ICICI for exactly the same time period (as original statement), will get it signed and stamped, will also take a supporting letter from the bank on their letterhead confirming that it is their standard procedure to provide over-the-counter account statements without logo but with signature and stamp by bank official on each page. This letter will also confirm that the original statement without logo was furnished by the bank only and is genuine and whenever inquired by visa officials; bank will confirm the genuineness of the bank statement.

Hi Shoforu,

I know what you are saying is true, but I wished you had read all the refusal posts here before applying.

The guidance states the following.

The Letter should cover the Period and should show your Name on the Statement.
It should bear a Logo of the bank and should be on the official stationary.
I should have a stamp and sign of the Bank Officer.

I suggest you should have insisted the bank to give you the statements with a Logo. If not, you could have requested the call centre to send you a statement and you could have got that attested from the bank.

I don't think it is possible to include any new documents with your AR, but yes you can write to explain as much as you wish.

Hope the AR overturns your rejection and grants you a Visa.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ajit

alipa

Re: UK Tier 1 General Visa refused

Post by alipa » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:48 pm

shoforu wrote:Hi,

I think even if your bank statement was not having logo but if you accompany bank letter confirming that this statement is true then i think this should also work.

amuk

Post by amuk » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Sorry to hear about your application refusal.

I'm in a similar position but I'm yet to apply.

Could you please post what the refusal letter says?

According to this:
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:

* your name;
* the account number;
* the date of the statement;
* the financial institution's name and logo;
* transactions covering the three-month period;
* that there is enough funds present in the account; and
* that there has been enough money present in the account for the past three months.

If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, you will need to send a supporting letter from your bank, on headed paper, confirming that the statements are genuine. Alternatively, electronic bank statements with the official stamp of the bank that issued the statements will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement.
In my case, my bank won't print the statement on a color letterhead. The black/white statement has the bank name and logo but in black. It is also signed and stamped (stamp bears the logo) . I requested an accompanying letter confirming minimum balance, but I forgot to have it mention the account number. According to experts on the forum, I should be OK.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:40 pm

This is what the letter from a bank or building society should show:
• the applicant’s name;
• the account number;
• the date of the letter;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• the funds held in the applicant’s account;
• that the funds of £800 have been in the bank for at least a consecutive 90 day period on and immediately before the date of the letter.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer