ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice required on my ILR elgibility and application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ap25912
Newly Registered

Advice required on my ILR elgibility and application

Post by ap25912 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:58 pm

Hi Guys,

In a months time from now I shall be elgible for applying an indefinite leave, therefore I would like to have your advice and guidance in order to have a successful application.

To summarise, I first arrived in UK on 19th Mar-06 on work permit visa and have been in this country since then except for some holiday breaks to India. I always wanted to switch to HSMP, and in Mar-09 I switched to Tier-1 General visa which is valid till Mar-12. The glitch here is that I did not switch in country, instead I had been to India on work assignment for about 2 months and used this as an oppurtunity to switch visa. Would this be a problem? I was been paid in UK for that period, and I can prove it with salary slips & bank statements.

Another aspect of the case is , my wife joined me in UK in May-06 as a work permit dependant, was here till aug-08 and then went back to India to deliver a baby girl. Came back to UK in Jul-09, but this time came on Tier-1 general visa of her own, which was issued in Jan-09 valid until Jan-12. She is still on her own visa. My daughter is dependant on my Wife.

My queries are
1) Will I get an indefinite now, switching visa out of country will it create a problem?
2) Can my wife and daughter get an indefinite along with me?

PLEASE ADVISE

Regards,
Anand

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:19 pm

1) Are you still working for the same employer as from your work permit? See also Chapter 6A - Settlement.
2) No, as they do not have, or have last been granted, leave as your dependants (319E & 319J).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ap25912
Newly Registered

Post by ap25912 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:15 pm

Appreciate your response Vinny, to take this discussion further

1) No I changed the employer after 6 months since having my tier1 general visa stamped. I am IT contractor and operate under my own limited company now

2) Will my wife and daughter atleast be given ILR dependant visa for 2 years if not ILR itself?