ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what if my wife is british?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raoulll

what if my wife is british?

Post by raoulll » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:19 am

can someone help me.
i thought that status of your wife if change doesn't influence you!!(correct me if I'm wrong)
what i mean is if my wife get her British passport before i get my PR,i don't have to wait one year after getting my PR to apply for British passport
5 years residence in UK as family of EEA national (who acquired British citizen before non EEA get his PR) it enough to apply for British citizen for non EEA.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:21 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

raoulll

Post by raoulll » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:48 pm

If your wife becomes British, then see also Requirements for naturalisation if you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen.
hi vinny,

after 3 months i going to apply for PR
I'm non EEA married to EEA national,it means I'm acquired the status of permanent resident automatically after 5 years from the wedding day,so from my understanding i can apply for citizenship one day after getting my PR can't I?
thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:04 pm

Yes, if you also satisfy all the requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

raoulll

Post by raoulll » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:50 pm

vinny wrote:Yes, if you also satisfy all the requirements.

thank you for you help.

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:01 am

I understand that eea and their family members are exempt from immigration control. My question is: if you are issued rc as a family member of eea citizen and the eea becomes british later on, can the non eea apply for naturalisation after 3 years of marriage and life in the uk before acquiring pr?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:40 am