ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

missnur
Newly Registered

ILR?

Post by missnur » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:28 am

can i apply for ILR as i am a EEU (dutch national) been living in the UK for nearly 7 years if so how?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:39 am

No you can't apply for ILR! but you can apply for its EU-route equivalent, which is PR ..... Permanent Residence.

Download the form EEA3 .... click here .... and read it to establish what evidence you need to supply.

Any particular reason why you need confirmation of your PR status?
John

missnur
Newly Registered

Post by missnur » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:12 pm

YH WANT TO APPLY FOR BRITSH CITIZENSHIP

missnur
Newly Registered

Post by missnur » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:16 pm

ABOUT THE EEA3 APPLICATION DO I NEED TO HAVE WORKED ALL 5 YEARS CONTUNIOUSLY? BECAuse been studyin for 4 years 2 years in highschool and 2 years in college as i came here as a minor and have been workin with the same employment for 3 years #
thnks for ur advice

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:28 pm

Treaty Rights can be exercised in different ways. Being a student is one way, and working as an employee is another. In total you have done that for more than 5 years.

Do appreciate that you do not need to use a form EEA3 to get PR status. You got it automatically after 5 years in the UK. Given that you got PR status more than one year ago, why not now apply for Naturalisation, assuming you have passed the Life in the UK Citizenship test? When making the application you will of course need to show that you have been in the UK exercising Treaty Rights, for at least 6 years.
John