ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Drink & Drive offence & ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thaman

Drink & Drive offence & ILR

Post by thaman » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi,

I got a drink & drive offence last week and am awaiting court decision. But I might get a 12 month driving ban with some fine.

My concern is that my ILR/PR is due in July 2011. Obviously my ban wouldn't be over by then. Will this have any negative effect on my ILR application? I got my hsmp in may 2006 & extension under hsmp JR in Aug 2008. I have checked forums & forms (UKBA), they state that naturalisation cannot be given unless all convictions are spent bt not abt ILR.

Please give me some advise and anyone who has been to similar situation.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Drink & Drive offence & ILR

Post by push » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:36 pm

thaman wrote:Hi,

I got a drink & drive offence last week and am awaiting court decision. But I might get a 12 month driving ban with some fine.

My concern is that my ILR/PR is due in July 2011. Obviously my ban wouldn't be over by then. Will this have any negative effect on my ILR application? I got my hsmp in may 2006 & extension under hsmp JR in Aug 2008. I have checked forums & forms (UKBA), they state that naturalisation cannot be given unless all convictions are spent bt not abt ILR.

Please give me some advise and anyone who has been to similar situation.
UKBA has proposed to introduce stringent norms (criminality threshold) from April 2011. You could be in trouble therefore. Settlement
From April 2011:
There will be a new criminality threshold, requiring all applicants applying for settlement to be clear of unspent convictions.

Skilled and highly skilled migrants will need to meet the salary criteria that applied when they last extended their permission to stay.

Skilled and highly skilled migrants will be required to pass the 'Life in the UK' test prior to gaining settlement.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer