ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Citizenship through Form T

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Catabollock
Newly Registered

Applying for Citizenship through Form T

Post by Catabollock » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:33 pm

Greetings to all.

I am 27 years old and was born in the UK in October of 1983 to Sri Lankan parents who were both overstayers at the time of my birth. We migrated back to Sri Lanka when I was 11 years old. I returned to the UK when I was 16 for my A Levels and remained here for my Undergraduate-leaving when I as 22.

I once agin returned to the UK in 2008 for my MBA and am now close to finishing it and my visa is set to expire in April.

I wish to apply to for my british citizenship under the form T application on the grounds of being born in the UK after 1983 and have lived here for a minimum period of 10 years whilst not having left the country during that time.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... rnintheuk/

I am currently trying to secure documents from my junior schools/nhs to prove my case.

I understand that this is a unique situation but want to know if there is anyone out there that has had any experience in this application process as I cant seem to find any guidence on the matter.

The UK is the only country I know and all I want is to stay in the only place I call home.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Michael

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi Catabollock,

I think you are very qualified to be given BC and I wonder why you have not done this a long time ago...though it does not matter what time you applied anyway.

You only need to get your UK birth certificate showing details of both parents and letters from your school in early years before you left the UK at age 11, I believe you will be home and dry as I think your application is straight forward enough if you got all these documents to back it up.

I wish the best of luck!

Catabollock
Newly Registered

Post by Catabollock » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:08 am

thanks for the words of encouragement

mistakes were made on the part of my parents and im now in a position to rectify them.

would you happen to know how I could obtain any nhs documents/medical records to further prove my time here-I am currently dealing with my junior school to get as much as I can before making my application.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:46 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Catabollock
Newly Registered

Post by Catabollock » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:38 am

thanks for that-provides me with more guidance.

Its odd to think that letters from relations would be accepted as proof of stay in the uk prior to age of 5...

does anyone know how it woul dbe best to go about obtaining medical cards/doctors letters to furtehr prove my residence here between the age of 0 and 5?

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Re: Applying for Citizenship through Form T

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:06 pm

Hi Everyone ,

Hope you all keeping well, I am looking to apply British Citizenship of my Daughter, she born in UK and lived in the UK last ten years. Both parent lived in the UK last 12 years due to one late application not qualified for ILR and leave to remain was given on basis of private and family life, ILR will be due in March 2017, I am looking to apply for my daughter and I am looking to get information what type of documents I have to send with application for registration, Birth certificate, Passport, application form, school reports, or any other document need to send ?.
Please your guidance and information will be great.

Regards
Amjad from Leeds

vinny

Re: Applying for Citizenship through Form T

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:34 pm

amjadleeds wrote:one late application
There may be problems if daughter had applied for leave and had overstayed for longer than 28 days.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.