ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what am I suppose to do now?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farrukh

what am I suppose to do now?

Post by farrukh » Tue May 23, 2006 1:46 pm

Dear All

I have one big problem and i am lookin for a solution..

I came to UK to do my MSc. in Manufacturing Systems Engineering from University of Warwick. During the course the SEGS list changed and my Uni told me that I am no longer eligible to apply for SEGS. I have successfully completed my MSc now. I have applied for like 10000 jobs but most of the employers required me to have a work permit. So I got a call from this company and I said yes i have a work permit. They took my telephonic interview and online test and after clearing those they called me for an assessment centre. I cleared the assessment centre and they offered me a job. Now, thye think i have a work permit and i dont have one and am on a student visa.

I cant apply for HSMP as i dont have relevent work experience.

I want advice wat am i suppose to do now.
I hpoe to theres a way out and i am really lookin forward for this job.
Please help!!!!

Thank you
Farrukh

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue May 23, 2006 2:53 pm

A Work Permit is applied for by an employer. Are you saying that an employer has succeeded in getting a Work Permit to employ you?

Or have they merely agreed to apply for a WP?
John

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue May 23, 2006 2:58 pm

John wrote:A Work Permit is applied for by an employer. Are you saying that an employer has succeeded in getting a Work Permit to employ you?

Or have they merely agreed to apply for a WP?
I think he's saying he's lied to the company and now he's in a hole.

So either he comes clean and hopes the co. will apply for WP or he goes home. However lying to an employer before even starting doesn't bode well...

Steve

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Tue May 23, 2006 3:00 pm

yea i lied to the employer which was not a good thing to do....but i had no option left

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed May 24, 2006 12:52 pm

farrukh wrote:yea i lied to the employer which was not a good thing to do....but i had no option left
You are playing with fire mate!
Where there is a will there is a way.