ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on ILR form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Natita

Query on ILR form

Post by Natita » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:49 am

Dear all,

I have booked to apply for ILR SET(O) on Tier 1G route next month and have one question on application form section 5.3: 'Are you working in the UK?'.

Being on overseas assignment, although by UK firm, but taking the question literally, my answer should be No, and because of that I will not be required (or not allowed?) to answer the question next to it which is the income.

Could anyone please share your opinion whether 'not working in UK' is a show stopper or not?

Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:05 am

245E wrote:(c) The applicant must be economically active in the UK, in employment or self-employment or both.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Natita

Post by Natita » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:35 am

I am aware of the requirement of being economically active in UK - and I am as I am employed by a UK firm, paid in GBP. But I have the problem with that question 'Are you working in UK?'. I am not physically working in UK.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:53 am

Moreover, you must be in the UK when you apply.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Natita

Post by Natita » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:54 am

Thanks Vinny, I will be in UK when I apply as I have booked an appointment at a PEO.