ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Turn around time in Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sajid08

Post by sajid08 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:50 am

it changed on 5th Dec today is 9th, so 4 days

sajid08

Post by sajid08 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:51 pm

Hey,

I got my passport back today and Tier visa is stamped on it!!

really thank this forum and all its helpful members!!

any update from your side new_to_it_all?

new_to_it_all

Post by new_to_it_all » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:58 pm

sajid08 wrote:Hey,

I got my passport back today and Tier visa is stamped on it!!

really thank this forum and all its helpful members!!

any update from your side new_to_it_all?
Many Congratulations Sajid!! Well done!!

My status is merrily sitting on same words..."under process at BHC" :(... there is no way of knowing whether they have processed it or not or whether they have sent enquiries to the employer or bank regarding my application. I havent heard that any enquiry has been made so I cant even speed things up if they have made any. It looks like your case took 40 days from admission till processed (25th Oct - 5th Dec ) Mine has been gone since 8th Nov ... around 18th Dec gets me to 40 days...but my worry is that they may be waiting for information that I dont know about. That would mean I will keep missing out on the visas which are left over :(

Anyways,,, I am so pleased for you :) When are you going to UK and what do you intend to do there?

sajid08

Post by sajid08 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:21 am

I think you should call Abu Dhabi and check your status, because you haven't witnessed any verification as well, yesterday I met a guy who was there to collect visa, his case was successful as well, he applied on 25th Oct, all his verification was done within the first 1 to 2 weeks and were successfully verified, but even then he only got visa yesterday with me.

I am planning to go to UK in mid to end January InshaAllah, I belong to IT field, so I've started to search for suitable jobs already, so lets pray that I get a good job.

mozez
Newly Registered

Post by mozez » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:51 am

hi new_to_it_all

I was reading up on thie forum and relaised you applied on the 8th of Nov 2010, and havent heard from them as yet

I applied from lahore on the 11th Nov 2010, the last update on my status was on the 29th Nov 2010 to under process at the BHC.

I am hopeing we should have our status changed to "Processed application returned" in a day or two.

please keep me updated on yours and ill do the same

Thanks

new_to_it_all

Post by new_to_it_all » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi Mozez, My status actually changed this afternoon to processed application sent to AC. Upon phoning Gerrys to enquire further, I was told phone back in 2-3 days time as they have received nothing. So I am still hanging uncertain as to what is in store for me.

mozez
Newly Registered

Post by mozez » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:52 pm

new_to_it_all

Thats great news, IA youll get your visa stamped in 2 3 days, good luck.

Please let me know the date when ur status changed to under process at the BHC.

I am trying to calculate if i will be able to fit in the first one week of the Januray limit. :)

and did u have a dependant application with yours? I applied with one dependant application

new_to_it_all

Post by new_to_it_all » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:15 am

Hi Mozez, my visa status changed many times... from "sending to embassy" to "processing in embassy" to "processing in BHC" to "processed application sent to AC". The first processing was about 4 days after submitting then processing at BHC was 25th November.

"Processed application sent to AC" status was 4th Jan and I am still (rather impatiently) waiting for my passport and documents to come back :roll:

Still dont know if the application is successful or has been thrown out!!

I applied as a single person.. no dependant.

There is no January limit now so all applications will be considered. Pakistani applications take 100 times longer than others... I have seen other applications submitted as late as 21st Dec on this forum which have been processed and returned with passports by 6th January.

I had better go to sleep and maybe something will turn up by the time I wake up!

:lol:

mozez
Newly Registered

Post by mozez » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:23 am

I feel theres more chance for us to get it, as if it were to be rejected it would have come back earlier.
My status also changed today to processed application sent back.
I think you would have had yours back today from gerrys?
Do let me know the outcome.
goodluck again :)

new_to_it_all

Post by new_to_it_all » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:43 am

I hope you are right about a succesful outcome. I dont like to put too much hope attached till papers actually in my hand. :(

Gerrys are still blissfully unaware of my anguish, they tell me that BHC puts everything in a secret envelope..:) dont know how secret :lol:

I have been told dont contact us..we will contact you :cry:

alipa

Post by alipa » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:47 am

mozez wrote:I feel theres more chance for us to get it, as if it were to be rejected it would have come back earlier.
My status also changed today to processed application sent back.
I think you would have had yours back today from gerrys?
Do let me know the outcome.
goodluck again :)
Please share your timelines? When you applied?

etrade

Post by etrade » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:22 pm

salam,
attention to new_to_it_all and mozez......good luck for u both for any positive response from bhc.....we all pray for u inshallah....
can u both please inform about any verififacation done in ur case....and if yes pls provide details..( as it will be very help full for others)
kind regards

new_to_it_all

Post by new_to_it_all » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:13 pm

w/salam etrade

If you look at all my posts you will see that as far as I am aware no verification was done. This could mean that in fact no verification was done or that my employers did not tell me of any communication from BHC.

I actually emailed Abu Dhabi on this score to ask whether they were waiting for any information. They replied with a general email reiterating how visa applications are dealt with and not to disturb them. Two weeks later they emailed me again from another visa-desk and said they couldnt answer my original query because they didnt have my full details. I asked why they were writing again when they had already emailed me. Their reply email to this was my application had been processed and sent to gerrys. They did not mention any more regarding the case. They also said dont disturb gerrys till they contact me :roll:

Therefore still waiting with bated breath :cry:

mozez
Newly Registered

Post by mozez » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:31 pm

Application made at the Lahore VAC on 11 November 2010.
Documents forwarded to the Embessy on 14 November 2010
Douments sent to the BHC for processing 25 November 2010
Application under process at the BHC 29 November 2010
Application returned to the AC 10 January 2010

I applied with one dependant. Claimed points for only one year work experience.

Verification done in the first 10 days. An agent called the Lahore office 1 then Lahore Office 2, no one answered as it was the lunch break.
The last call was made at the Islamabad Office. Office Recepstionist picked up, the agent had a 10 min conversation with her asking about my salary designation and general stuff about the nature of business. I was out in the field and the agent did not get to talk to me, but was able to get out all the required information from the repectionist. (In some cases if they are not satisfied by the telephonic verification they also vist the site)

I have heard the verification is usually done in the first 10 to 15 days and if they are not satisfied the application is usually rejected and is returned.

If the application comes back in less than a month there are more chances of it being rejected.(Just an observation)

As new_to_it_all has mentioned Pakistani aplications usually take a little longer than the ones made elsewhere, for God knows what reason.

I have lived in the UK for 5 years before, 4 for my Bacholors degree and 1 for my masters, but i have yet to see if that makes a difference.

new_to_it_all im rite behind you in the queu, hopeing it works out

goodluck to the rest also

mozez
Newly Registered

Post by mozez » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:34 pm

oh yes i also tried to call abu dhabi and that doesnt work becuase they dont pick up
how ever i eamiled them on the 4th of jan 2010 regarding the status and they replied with the same answer as new_to_it_all, that the application has been processed and that you will shorly hear from gerrys, and yea do not contact them

:)

alipa

Post by alipa » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:14 pm

mozez wrote:Application made at the Lahore VAC on 11 November 2010.
Documents forwarded to the Embessy on 14 November 2010
Douments sent to the BHC for processing 25 November 2010
Application under process at the BHC 29 November 2010
Application returned to the AC 10 January 2010

I applied with one dependant. Claimed points for only one year work experience.

Verification done in the first 10 days. An agent called the Lahore office 1 then Lahore Office 2, no one answered as it was the lunch break.
The last call was made at the Islamabad Office. Office Recepstionist picked up, the agent had a 10 min conversation with her asking about my salary designation and general stuff about the nature of business. I was out in the field and the agent did not get to talk to me, but was able to get out all the required information from the repectionist. (In some cases if they are not satisfied by the telephonic verification they also vist the site)

I have heard the verification is usually done in the first 10 to 15 days and if they are not satisfied the application is usually rejected and is returned.

If the application comes back in less than a month there are more chances of it being rejected.(Just an observation)

As new_to_it_all has mentioned Pakistani aplications usually take a little longer than the ones made elsewhere, for God knows what reason.

I have lived in the UK for 5 years before, 4 for my Bacholors degree and 1 for my masters, but i have yet to see if that makes a difference.

new_to_it_all im rite behind you in the queu, hopeing it works out

goodluck to the rest also
Thanks Mozez for update.Infact Today my application status also changed "Processes Application Returned to AC".I am worried as i submitted app on 13th Dec & in much time it may be something Fishy :(.Now lets see.I called Gerrys they told me that Still app is not with them & i should call back in 2-3 days.Infact i didnt get any verification call but i am worried about my Bank Statement which i submitted on Bank Stationary but my bank HBL doesnt have Logo on that Perforated Yellow Paper which is official stationary of bank but i have attached letter from bank on official head about statement being genuine.Now as i get outcome i will update.Inshallah Allah will do best :)

new_to_it_all

Post by new_to_it_all » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Update information on my application:

Status was changed at around 7pm last night to say I could collect my documents between 2 and 3 pm.

Went today to Gerrys with a firm hand on thumping heart, prepared for worst, and stood in long queues once again.

Finally received the verdict they made me wait over two months for. I had the visa stamped from 3rd Jan 2011 till 3rd Jan 2013. They took no notice of my request to stamp from 15th Jan 2011. :(

Happy with my success and hope everyone still waiting will be succesful too.

Thanks to everyone who read and replied to my posts. I was delighted to see so many people who go out of their way to help others and give such solid and sound advice.

Its only people like you who have goodness in their hearts who make this world go round. May God bless you all :)
Last edited by new_to_it_all on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

etrade

Post by etrade » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:39 pm

congrats new-to-it-all

new_to_it_all

Post by new_to_it_all » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:02 am

Thanks etrade, good luck to alipa, mozes and everyone else waiting :)