ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - Bank statement - full name

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

godfatherdon

URGENT - Bank statement - full name

Post by godfatherdon » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:25 am

Hi guyz,
I got my bank statements today for my PSW but it has few concerns.
1) it doesnt have my full name, it shows "lastname with initials"( since my name lengthy :-)) . IS this a potential refusal point?
2) Its on the bank letter head with just bank name,logo,date,amount for 90days & stamp, it doesnt have have any more bank details like there address or contact number....

AM I SAFE WITH THIS STATEMENT?????? :roll: :(

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:34 am

you are safe as long as other details match like the address...

godfatherdon

Post by godfatherdon » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:37 am

other details ?? applicant details like address etc is it?? bcoz the bank statement has no address ...neither mine nor the banks address is mentioned on the statement....

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:49 pm

the bank statement should have your postal address on the statement. That is how you get it in the post. The statement should also have your account number and sort code, along with the bank branch address....if this information is not there then it cannot be classified as a statement as key info is missing.

Best bet is go to your bank and get a letter confirming your balance for the last X months and also get the statement you have stamped and signed by the bank so that it looks reliable and HO accept it. Failing which HO might refuse your application

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:10 pm

the postal address is not a requirement. This is what the guidance says:

Personal bank or building society statements covering a consecutive 90 day period: The most recent statement must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application.
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
• the applicant’s name;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• any transactions during the 90 day period;
• that there are enough funds present in the account (the balance must always be at least £800) covering the 90 day period before the date of application;
All statements must be on the bank’s stationery, unless the applicant is submitting electronic statements.
Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead/stationery are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points)

I think you will be OK with your family name and initials.

godfatherdon

Post by godfatherdon » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:58 pm

Thanks bobobo & greenie..... @bobobo actually i got my statement printed from the bank. since it was a savings account i dont have my address on the statement....

just to be on the safer side I went to the bank to ask them a letter . They said they dont have any letterhead with bank address , but they were kind enough to stamp the statement with their address. And on top the advisor gave me their business card so in case HO has any doubts they can confirm through that ( i doubt they will waste a pound on calls :wink: )....Its a statement which satisfies all criteria that greenie has mentioned along with branch address,date(branch official stamp) STAMPED

so now i have a letter headed statement with my lastname (along with initials) and bank address stamped...... what do u say guyz is this enough....???? I cant afford to take risk....VISA IS MY LIFELINE !!!!

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:50 pm

godfatherdon wrote:...
And on top the advisor gave me their business card so in case HO has any doubts they can confirm through that ( i doubt they will waste a pound on calls :wink: )....
just so you know, caseworker wont be paying out of his/her pocket:) :P

regards

godfatherdon

Post by godfatherdon » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:08 pm

not just their pocket they take good care to conserve HO resources as well.... rejection is better then confirmation is their motto :roll: .............oops :shock: hope no one from HO is on the forum !!!!!!!! :shock: .......i still need to get my visa heheheeeeeeeeeeeeee :P

lavezziisgod
Newly Registered

Post by lavezziisgod » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:10 pm

I will apply for my PSW from India where I keep a bank account. I have a bank passbook, so was wondering whether I could just update the bank passbook and submit it along with the other documents instead of getting bank statements.

So would this be okay?

Thanks in advance.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:37 pm

have you ever heard of bank passbook mentioned in policy guidance notes???

this is not the time to be creative . just give HO what they have asked for or risk refusal.....

regards

lavezziisgod
Newly Registered

Post by lavezziisgod » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:56 pm

arsenal49 wrote:have you ever heard of bank passbook mentioned in policy guidance notes???

this is not the time to be creative . just give HO what they have asked for or risk refusal.....

regards
They mention about Building society passbook, which is why I asked... Otherwise I wouldn't have... Any suggestions?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/

Building society passbook covering the previous three-month period

The building society passbook should clearly show:

* your name;
* the account number;
* the financial institution's name and logo;
* transactions covering the three-month period;
* that there has been enough money present in the account for the past three months.