ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport Renewal

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naveen_nagesh
Newly Registered

Indian Passport Renewal

Post by naveen_nagesh » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi All,

I know that I have to search before posting any question here. I did search and found a lot of information about renewal of Passport. I have one small query regarding the same.

For renewal of my 'desi' passport, I have to sumit the following docs:
-Existing passport (due to expire)(Mandatory)
-Photocopy of first,last and visa page of the passport(Mandatory)
-Filled in passport renewal form(Mandatory)
-2 Photos (Mandatory)
-Utility Bill.
I dont have any utility bill in my name since i have been living in a shared acco. Can i submit my Bank statement as the address proof? Will it work?

Thanks for your time.
Naveen.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:13 pm

Yes a recent bank statement will work. It should have your complete name (as it appears on the passport) and address. Take a photocopy of the bank statement as well.

Also take some extra cash with you when you go there. This is because if your appearance has changed a lot (your old passport photo vs. current photo you are going to submit), you might have to fill in another form (change of appearance form - available at HCI) and pay additional fee for it.

naveen_nagesh
Newly Registered

Post by naveen_nagesh » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:36 am

Thanks a lot krazydude, i am going to send it by post. So hopefully it should be hassle free. Will post my experience.

Thanks,
Naveen.