ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost wage slips

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ela27

Lost wage slips

Post by ela27 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Having recently moved house my husbands seems to have misplaced his wage slips. My question is his employer said they can print these for him on the computer at work but then they wont be originals, is this ok? Is there something else we can do? We are hoping to apply for his ilr around start of feb so he'll have around 1 month of originals. Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Are his wages paid into a bank account? If so, the bank statement will support the pay slips his employer is going to print off. The employer has headed paper? The 1 month's original payslips will verify that he's currently employed by the company.
This is an application for ILR as a spouse?

ela27

Post by ela27 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:24 pm

yes its for spouse ilr. He doesnt get posted statements so he's going to the bank to get them printed stamped and verified. Would it help if i put my bank statements and wage slips in? He is on a reasonable income but mine is higher. I do go overdrawn every month for around 5 days as bills need to be paid before my wages go in.

ela27

Post by ela27 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:29 pm

also - yes they are paid into his bank account.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:11 pm

It's important that you both submit your bank statements and wage slips.
The case worker will want to see an overall picture of your finances. Also submit both of your last P60's if you have them.

ela27

Post by ela27 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:51 pm

ok thanks, i thought that was the case. Although someone told us, who recently applied, that they didn't need anything from their spouse which i found strange, i'd rather hand in too much than not enough. Another thing, and this is me just being a worrier! As the visa is quite expensive in the 1st place, if they did find the slightest reason to refuse it e.g. Not original documents (obviously i will make sure everything is in order) but what happens with refused visas, do they extend them? Give u a chance to include missing documents? Or is it a simple case of you lose the money and start again? And what if during all that the visa expires? I'm sure this is not going to happen as its a straightforward visa but this will still play on my mind, as i'm sure it does for everyone applying! Thanks again

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:11 pm

If your documents aren't in order they either decline the application without taking the payment and let you submit again, or they defer the decision and process the application as a postal one (but still at the higher PEO fee).
While the application is being decided the applicant retains the same legal status even if the visa expires in the meantime.
An outright refusal would be rare for ILR spouse application and there's also right of appeal.
Relax :wink: