ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TANVIR786
Newly Registered

VISA GRANTED

Post by TANVIR786 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:18 am

AOA,

Alhamdulilla my wife got her visa granted today.

Thanks for everyones help and this forum is brillant.

Minty has been a great help and support.

Yas2010

Post by Yas2010 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:36 am

c4551m wrote:hi
the status changed today to
Processed application returned to AC

called thm they saying its still in process

any clue ?
u can pick ur passport up make an app first

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:41 am

any clue ?
Answer from another board:

I guess decision is made on your application and will get message from UKVAC in a day or two or three to collect your documents. It happened before to other applicants as well. On-line status or SMS sent on mobile is not done by BHC, it is done by UKVAC. Also these are not correct dates and times. They roughly maintain status. It is possible that your application was under process before 19th and UKVAC updated on 19th.
Dont worry.

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:41 am

Yas2010 wrote:

any clue ?
u can pick ur passport up make an app first
I think appointment is not required. just go and pick it up!

Imranshah
Newly Registered

Post by Imranshah » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:52 am

Hi Guys

The best news i've heard in 2 years My Hubby has got the visa I'm soooooooooooooooo Happy.

minty

Post by minty » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:15 pm

Today has been a gr8 day for getting Visas Alhumdulillah

all 3 tanvir, imranshah and marr got visa.

I dvise you to thank you lord and pray 2 rakaah nafl of shukr

As indeed it is he who deserves all the thanks!!

Imranshah
Newly Registered

Post by Imranshah » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:17 pm

That was the 1st thing i did read nafal.

Imranshah
Newly Registered

Post by Imranshah » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:18 pm

I wish everyone else all the best and everone gets their visas i no how hard it is i've waited 2 years

VisaAhmad10
Newly Registered

Post by VisaAhmad10 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:59 pm

Just realised the fee increased earlier on november 26th to 105,000 rupees, what a massive amount, the entry clearance officers should show more sympathy especially with this amount of money.

Also, can the applicant use an older form, dated dec 2008, or do they have to use the latest one?

Also, when submitting the application, does the sponsor and applicant have to photocopy all documents, whether original or photocopied.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:25 pm

salam, has any1 taken the english test. please please pm me.

samera
Newly Registered

Post by samera » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Hey guys hope you are all well/ My hubby recently got a visa, how long is da visa for is it one month or 3 months. when does he havve to travel by. Thanks

safia

Post by safia » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:15 pm

samera wrote:Hey guys hope you are all well/ My hubby recently got a visa, how long is da visa for is it one month or 3 months. when does he havve to travel by. Thanks
salammz congratulations by the way....from what ive heard i think its 90 days...u should double check this but im pretty certain it was 90 days
'SOF'

safia

Post by safia » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:16 pm

VisaAhmad10 wrote:Just realised the fee increased earlier on november 26th to 105,000 rupees, what a massive amount, the entry clearance officers should show more sympathy especially with this amount of money.

Also, can the applicant use an older form, dated dec 2008, or do they have to use the latest one?

Also, when submitting the application, does the sponsor and applicant have to photocopy all documents, whether original or photocopied.
you have to use the most recent form and your wife has to do all the photcopying....i remember my hubby taking 3 photocopies of each thing and putting them in 3 seperate folders... one copy for yourself and the original and 2 lots of copies are submitted to islamabad..
'SOF'

MojoJojo

Post by MojoJojo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:25 pm

VisaAhmad10 wrote:Just realised the fee increased earlier on november 26th to 105,000 rupees, what a massive amount, the entry clearance officers should show more sympathy especially with this amount of money.

I think you should use the updated form because it has the new question {8.1.3:Are you exempt from the English language requirement?} added in it which wasn't there before Nov 2010 when the english language testing was made mandatory.So I guess it would be prudent to use the new form.

MojoJojo

Post by MojoJojo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:23 pm

safia wrote:

you have to use the most recent form and your wife has to do all the photcopying....i remember my hubby taking 3 photocopies of each thing and putting them in 3 seperate folders... one copy for yourself and the original and 2 lots of copies are submitted to islamabad..

Asa.So even if the originals are submitted, is it necessary to notarize the 2 sets of photocopies that u submit?One more thing, the Original urdu Nikah Nama along with the Original English translation has to be submitted or will a photocopy of the Original English translation do? Also if the originals of both enlgish and urdu marriage certificates are being submitted is getting them notarized necessary?

So technically are there 4 sets?
1 Original to submit
2 Sets of Photocopies to submit
1 Set of Photocopies to keep for my own records
Am I right???

I hope I havent confused you...because I want everything to be just right
:oops: :oops:

For those who havent put in the application yet heres an extremely useful article from page 217 of this thread by a very very helpful Gentleman named Batley Khan

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4320

corrado

Post by corrado » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:44 pm

You need to include two sets of paperwork and supporting documentation with the application.

In other words take two sets of photocopies, keep one set of copies for yourself and hand in the originals along with one set of photocopies. Only student visa applicants are requested to provide originals plus two sets of photocopies.

You don't need to notarise or certify any document where you are also handing in the original. So the photocopied set does not need to be attested or certified. Generally speaking the only document that needs a solicitor to certify that it is a true copy is the photocopy of the sponsor's passport. All other documents should be originals.

It is a requirement to hand in an English translation of the nikah nama that is certified to be an accurate translation with the full contact details of the translator. I did this as well as the orginal Urdu and English versions.

minty

Post by minty » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:16 am

I just read an inspection report for the UK Visa section for Pakistan Settlement Applications. I have pasted the actual Application process below and also a link to the report is provided.

Visa application process

Customers in Pakistan wishing to apply for settlement in the UK submit their applications, supporting documents, visa fees and biometric data at one of four visa application centres. These are located in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Mirpur. The applications are then forwarded with customers’ passports to the Visa Section in Islamabad where travel documents (typically passports) and supporting document verification is undertaken.

Copies of the application form and all supporting documentation are then sent by private courier to the UK Visa Section, where the decision to issue or refuse entry clearance is made. This decision is then relayed electronically to Islamabad. While the UK Visa Section is considering applications, the Islamabad Visa Section retains customers’ passports and original supporting documentation. When the decision is received by the Islamabad Visa Section, it either issues entry clearance visas or produces refusal notices. These are then returned to customers via the respective visa application centres.

Link to report

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... visitjan10

rani111
Newly Registered

Post by rani111 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:42 pm

I produced two sets of photocopies as per solicitor then when went to lodge case they said no longer needed, only original. So only original documents lodged with no photocopies which was very expensive to copy in first place

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:19 am

minty wrote:I just read an inspection report for the UK Visa section for Pakistan Settlement Applications. I have pasted the actual Application process below and also a link to the report is provided.

Visa application process

Customers in Pakistan wishing to apply for settlement in the UK submit their applications, supporting documents, visa fees and biometric data at one of four visa application centres. These are located in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Mirpur. The applications are then forwarded with customers’ passports to the Visa Section in Islamabad where travel documents (typically passports) and supporting document verification is undertaken.

Copies of the application form and all supporting documentation are then sent by private courier to the UK Visa Section, where the decision to issue or refuse entry clearance is made. This decision is then relayed electronically to Islamabad. While the UK Visa Section is considering applications, the Islamabad Visa Section retains customers’ passports and original supporting documentation. When the decision is received by the Islamabad Visa Section, it either issues entry clearance visas or produces refusal notices. These are then returned to customers via the respective visa application centres.

Link to report

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... visitjan10
Thankyou for posting this report Minty. I have read it and it makes very interesting reading for people who wants to know how their application is dealt.

It also proves what I said earlier that all settlement applications decisions are made in UK and not In Islamabad like some posters stated before. The verifications and checks are made by staff but the final decison to grant visa is made by ECO officers based here in Croydon

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:22 am

MojoJojo wrote:
safia wrote:

Asa.So even if the originals are submitted, is it necessary to notarize the 2 sets of photocopies that u submit?One more thing, the Original urdu Nikah Nama along with the Original English translation has to be submitted or will a photocopy of the Original English translation do? Also if the originals of both enlgish and urdu marriage certificates are being submitted is getting them notarized necessary?

So technically are there 4 sets?
1 Original to submit
2 Sets of Photocopies to submit
1 Set of Photocopies to keep for my own records
Am I right???

I hope I havent confused you...because I want everything to be just right
:oops: :oops:

For those who havent put in the application yet heres an extremely useful article from page 217 of this thread by a very very helpful Gentleman named Batley Khan

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4320
I am in the process of updating this as one or two things have changed since I wrote this article particularly the English test. If any applicant has taken the test in English please let me know exact procedure so I can add it in.

shazadkhan4545
Newly Registered

Post by shazadkhan4545 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:30 am

salaam everyone,

my wife got her visa last week on 6th jan, i had submitted it on the 15th of nov.
i dont come on here quiet often because i dont have access to internet but i would like to thank everyone of you for helping me with general advice and support and also putting my mind to ease.

thanks again

shazad khan

sheedatali

Post by sheedatali » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:57 am

Hi,

I am on work permit at the moment, valid till 2013. I am going to apply for my wife who is in Pakistan. Does she need an English language Test certificate ?

Thanks
Sheeda

unique012

Post by unique012 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:43 pm

Salaam everyone,

Am I right in thinking they email the call letter nowadays?

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:47 pm

AOA786

Yes now a days they send calling letter throw email as i and Yasmeen received it throw email.

Jazak Allah khair.

minty

Post by minty » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Sammad wrote:
ElenaW wrote:I wish people would stop pushing their religious beliefs onto other people on this forum.

Maybe Inwarsaw is an atheist. Does it matter? This forum isn't about religion!
Agreed! :!:
Sammad no-one is pushing religious beleifs onto anyone on this forum.The fact that we use terminology that uses god in no way suggests a pusshing of relgious beleifs.

If you do not use the termnology, it is your perogative, if someone does it is also thier perogative.

Its funny to see that no one has forced or compelled you to say or do anythnig different, yet you feel you have a right to compell others to.

Anyways this is beyond the scope of this forum, so i will not reply or discuss this any further.