ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit-urgent query

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maya333
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit-urgent query

Post by Maya333 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:30 pm

Pls if anybody advise me on the matter can my husband submit only photocopy of my passport without notarize or it has to be signed by my embassy Im living in the UK Im EEA, otherwise if he only submits copies could his application be refused on that matter?

thanks

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:28 am

I'm curious about this as well. My partner (EU National) makes a lot of day trips to meet clients. Can we just submit a copy of her passport? If so ,would it have to be notarized?

If I must send the original passport, will they send her passport back with the COA and just keep mine, or do they keep both? If they keep both, could we request only her passport back?

I don't want to request mine back as I was the RC and not the ridiculous document they issue. I don't want to take any chances with that.

Thanks.

Aboudi10
Newly Registered

Post by Aboudi10 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:55 am

Hello,

As far as i know, that applicants who are not the EEA National do need to submit their passport, but the EEA National only needs to give in a Copy of the Passport, prefered in colour a few friends of mine did this and had no problems.

They can request it but include a letter from the EEA National explaining where they are and why they cannot submit it, but its not a MUST for this all aslong as you can prove the nationality.

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Aboudi10 wrote:Hello,

As far as i know, that applicants who are not the EEA National do need to submit their passport, but the EEA National only needs to give in a Copy of the Passport, prefered in colour a few friends of mine did this and had no problems.

They can request it but include a letter from the EEA National explaining where they are and why they cannot submit it, but its not a MUST for this all aslong as you can prove the nationality.
Thanks, but a just realised they are now wanting it. They do allow for you to send it later, which is what I'll be doing. I'll include a copy with a letter addressing why it wasn't sent and that it will be sent in a few days time. When I send it, I'll be requesting it back immediately.

I have another question about the employer. The Employer's Declaration section: must this be completed? I have a letter of employment and a contract. Will this suffice, or must I get the employer to also sign and stamp the page? Cheers.

Aboudi10
Newly Registered

Post by Aboudi10 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:23 pm

I advise is best to get it stamped and filled in by employer and include the letter, will safe you allot of hassle later with no excuse from them!
kabuki wrote:

Thanks, but a just realised they are now wanting it. They do allow for you to send it later, which is what I'll be doing. I'll include a copy with a letter addressing why it wasn't sent and that it will be sent in a few days time. When I send it, I'll be requesting it back immediately.

I have another question about the employer. The Employer's Declaration section: must this be completed? I have a letter of employment and a contract. Will this suffice, or must I get the employer to also sign and stamp the page? Cheers.

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:29 pm

Aboudi10 wrote:I advise is best to get it stamped and filled in by employer and include the letter, will safe you allot of hassle later with no excuse from them!
kabuki wrote:

Thanks. That is what I thought. Well, as it has to be sent today, I'll have to include a cover letter that states what is missing, why and when it will be sent. Such is life. I'm going to have to send the passport later anyway.

The EEA national is allowed to be out of the country for up to 6 months, yes? My partner is a freelance multimedia profession and is registered with an umbrella company in England (that way all taxes are taken out immediately); however, she does travel for work. She is currently working on a client's sight in Belgium (2.5 months), but she is paid in pounds and is paying tax here and officially resides in the UK, returning on weekends. Will this hurt the application?

Maya333
Newly Registered

Post by Maya333 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:00 am

kabuki wrote:I'm curious about this as well. My partner (EU National) makes a lot of day trips to meet clients. Can we just submit a copy of her passport? If so ,would it have to be notarized?

If I must send the original passport, will they send her passport back with the COA and just keep mine, or do they keep both? If they keep both, could we request only her passport back?

I don't want to request mine back as I was the RC and not the ridiculous document they issue. I don't want to take any chances with that.

Thanks.

You are applying for EEA" residence card? BCos my concern and question is about the first 6 months entry clearance EEEA Family permit I just want to know guys do I have to go to my polish embassy and endorse my copy of passports and if I wnt do it my husband visa will be refused by ECO overseas?

thanks

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:12 am

Maya333 wrote:
kabuki wrote:I'm curious about this as well. My partner (EU National) makes a lot of day trips to meet clients. Can we just submit a copy of her passport? If so ,would it have to be notarized?

Thanks.

You are applying for EEA" residence card? BCos my concern and question is about the first 6 months entry clearance EEEA Family permit I just want to know guys do I have to go to my polish embassy and endorse my copy of passports and if I wnt do it my husband visa will be refused by ECO overseas?

thanks
I think I only submitted a photo of my partner's passport, but I can't remember. I know it didn't take long, so even if we sent it off, we received it the FP within 10 days (applied in Ireland where we were both residing at the time). It doesn't say that is must be submitted.