ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:14 pm

AOA786

Minty you did not mention my name in the spred sheet why?

Tazie
Newly Registered

Post by Tazie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:50 pm

salaam all...i am quite new to this forum and just wanted to ask for some advice. My husband's application was due for a decision on 5th Jan but typically, we heard nothing. As it had reached the 12 weeks, I thought best to email them and got the response below:

Dear Sir/Madam

This case was issued and finalized on the 05/01/2011, please try to be patient and wait for post to contact you to collect your passports.

Kind regards
Uk visa appeals team

Would you advise that I just wait to hear from Gerry's (although i have heard some interesting stories about their 'pace' of work) or would you recommend that we just go to collect the docs?? The status on the tracking website is the same as it has been for what seems like an age '...under process at BHC....'

Any help is much appreciated

Taz

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:55 pm

AOA786

Tazie is that appeal case or normal application?

minty

Post by minty » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:56 pm

Tazie

I also got a reply on the 4th December saying my Application has been processed. InshAllah we should hear something this week.

When did you apply?

Please refer to the spreadsheet on the link below to see peoples waiting times from email decision to ready for collection.

I am not sure if your case is appeal, if it is the above does not apply

Tazie
Newly Registered

Post by Tazie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:58 pm

Just a normal application..

minty

Post by minty » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:59 pm

update
Last edited by minty on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minty

Post by minty » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:00 pm

tasawar wrote:AOA786

Minty you did not mention my name in the spred sheet why?
Tasawar

I have just noticed your name is missing

Not sure why

Please can you PM me your details so i can update.

Tazie
Newly Registered

Post by Tazie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Does that mean i need to wait then?? :(

I suppose i am just being a little lame now particularly when we have done most of the waiting....insha'allah it will be good news for both of us Minty and anyone else that is expecting to hear on their application...

minty

Post by minty » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:03 pm

Tazie wrote:Just a normal application..
When did you apply Tazie

Tazie
Newly Registered

Post by Tazie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:54 pm

We submitted our docs on 13th October at Mirpur. The status on the website changed to under process on 26th October..

minty

Post by minty » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Tazie wrote:We submitted our docs on 13th October at Mirpur. The status on the website changed to under process on 26th October..
Please keep us informed of the outcome on this forum.

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi guys is there any email address for the AIT department that i can email to see if they received my appeal papers yet? Ive found a phone number but i dont know if they will tell me over the phone
calling letter 21/06/2011
forwarded to brittish embessy 27/06/11
Under process at BHC 11/07/11

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:04 am

dilseabbassi wrote:Hi guys is there any email address for the AIT department that i can email to see if they received my appeal papers yet? Ive found a phone number but i dont know if they will tell me over the phone
http://www.tribunals.gov.uk/Immigration ... tactUs.htm

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:47 am

Hi i have just been reading through our refusal letter again in more detail as i was still not sure of all the reasons they refused my husbands application on and i have come accross to find they have mentioned they refused us under paragraph 320 7(b) which i dont see how they have found as nothing was wrong with our application...so i decided to read up about this certain paragraph and found this on the UK border agency website :
RFL5.4 When does rule 320 (7B) not apply? Rule 320 (7C)
Under paragraph 320(7C) of the immigration rules, you must not refuse an applicant under 320(7B) if they are applying in the following categories:

Spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner (Paragraphs 281 or 295A);
Fiancé(e), or proposed civil partner (Paragraph 290);
Parent, grandparent or other dependant relative (Paragraph 317);
Spouse, civil partner, or unmarried or same-sex partner of a refugee or person with humanitarian protection (Paragraphs 352A, AA, FA. FD);
Those applying to exercise rights of access to a child (Paragraph 246);
They were under the age of 18 at the time of the most recent breach of the UK’s immigration laws.
As concessions outside the Rules, you should also not refuse an applicant under 320(7B) if:

the applicant has been accepted by UKBA as a victim of trafficking (see RFL 5.7)
the applicant was in the UK illegally on or after 17 March 2008 and left the UK voluntarily before 1 October 2008 (see RFL 5.6)
In addition you must not refuse an applicant under 320(7B) if:

false documents or false representations were used in a previous visa or leave to enter or remain application, and the applicant was not aware that the documents or representations were false;
the period specified for automatically refusing applications has expired; or
following their breach of UK immigration laws, UKBA issued a visa or leave to enter or remain in the knowledge of that breach e.g. a student who has overstayed but was granted LTE following an out of time application.

I really belive they have made a BIG mistake in using this paragraph in our refusal as none of it applies to us, my solicitor said that the judge should have no problem in over turning it but i dont know why it should have to go to court if they dont actually have any evidence to maintain paragraph 320 in our application? could anyone also give there opinion on this?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:49 pm

dilseabbassi wrote:Hi i have just been reading through our refusal letter again in more detail as i was still not sure of all the reasons they refused my husbands application on and i have come accross to find they have mentioned they refused us under paragraph 320 7(b) which i dont see how they have found as nothing was wrong with our application...so i decided to read up about this certain paragraph and found this on the UK border agency website :
RFL5.4 When does rule 320 (7B) not apply? Rule 320 (7C)
Under paragraph 320(7C) of the immigration rules, you must not refuse an applicant under 320(7B) if they are applying in the following categories:

Spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-gender partner (Paragraphs 281 or 295A);
Fiancé(e), or proposed civil partner (Paragraph 290);
Parent, grandparent or other dependant relative (Paragraph 317);
Spouse, civil partner, or unmarried or same-gender partner of a refugee or person with humanitarian protection (Paragraphs 352A, AA, FA. FD);
Those applying to exercise rights of access to a child (Paragraph 246);
They were under the age of 18 at the time of the most recent breach of the UK’s immigration laws.
As concessions outside the Rules, you should also not refuse an applicant under 320(7B) if:

the applicant has been accepted by UKBA as a victim of trafficking (see RFL 5.7)
the applicant was in the UK illegally on or after 17 March 2008 and left the UK voluntarily before 1 October 2008 (see RFL 5.6)
In addition you must not refuse an applicant under 320(7B) if:

false documents or false representations were used in a previous visa or leave to enter or remain application, and the applicant was not aware that the documents or representations were false;
the period specified for automatically refusing applications has expired; or
following their breach of UK immigration laws, UKBA issued a visa or leave to enter or remain in the knowledge of that breach e.g. a student who has overstayed but was granted LTE following an out of time application.

I really belive they have made a BIG mistake in using this paragraph in our refusal as none of it applies to us, my solicitor said that the judge should have no problem in over turning it but i dont know why it should have to go to court if they dont actually have any evidence to maintain paragraph 320 in our application? could anyone also give there opinion on this?
What does your refusal letter state, word for word please

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:26 pm

The Decision:

You prevously enterd the UK on a student visa which was issued from 16/02/04 until 16/06/05, you applied for a extension and were granted untill 31/10/08. On the 03/10/08 you applied for leave to remain under the tier 1 point based system, this application was considerd and refused with right of appeal, you submitted your appeal on the 10/02/09 and the appeal was duly dismissed on the 03/02/10. You then applied for certificate of approval and was issued on the 23/09/09 you married you sponsor ......... and applied for leave to remain as her spouse this application was treated as void as you had a pending appeal at that time. You left the UK on 01/08/10. I also note that although you met your sponsor in 2007, your sponsor has also failed to inform the immigration authorities and attempt to regularise your status. You have shown a clear disregard for the immigration rules and controis and the casts seriouse doubts upon your true intentions and application as a whole. You are now applying for entry clearence in on of the categories coverd by 320 (c) which are an exception to paragraph 320 7)b), however in this particular case i am satisfied that paragraph 320 (11) is relevent. I am satisfied that your conduct is consistent with that described in entry clearence guidence as having contrived in a significant way to frustrate the intentions of the immigration rules. Your application is therefore according to paragraph 310 (11) of the immigration rules should be refused on. I have considerd the circumstances are of a sufficeiently compelling nature to justify my granting of entry clearence having regard to the fact it should normally be refused, i am therefore satisfied that you have significantly contrieved to frustrate these immigration rules and therefore refuse your application under paragraph 320 (11).

I really dont understand why they have said all this cos we havent frustrated any rules or done anything under paragraph 320....do u think they have made a mistake? the other half of the refusal is just about my JSA which i already have sorted out new evidence for...but as for this part what else can we do if we didnt actually do anything in the first place?

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:32 pm

I made a typing mistake on the last part, it should say
i am therefore "Not satisfied that your particular cirumstances are of a sufficent compelling nature to justify my granting your application".

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:32 pm

I am really freaking out now cos im reading up about this paragraph 320 stuff and it says they can be banned for 10 years!! I dont understand where they have got there information from and why they havent actualy given any reason for using that paragraph in the refusal letter...i know my solicitor said that a judge should over turn it at the hearing but at the moment i am so confused and worried this is such a strong issue i know its going to be a hard fight :( :( :(

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:01 pm

dilseabbassi wrote:The Decision:

You prevously enterd the UK on a student visa which was issued from 16/02/04 until 16/06/05, you applied for a extension and were granted untill 31/10/08. On the 03/10/08 you applied for leave to remain under the tier 1 point based system, this application was considerd and refused with right of appeal, you submitted your appeal on the 10/02/09 and the appeal was duly dismissed on the 03/02/10. You then applied for certificate of approval and was issued on the 23/09/09 you married you sponsor ......... and applied for leave to remain as her spouse this application was treated as void as you had a pending appeal at that time. You left the UK on 01/08/10. I also note that although you met your sponsor in 2007, your sponsor has also failed to inform the immigration authorities and attempt to regularise your status. You have shown a clear disregard for the immigration rules and controis and the casts seriouse doubts upon your true intentions and application as a whole. You are now applying for entry clearence in on of the categories coverd by 320 (c) which are an exception to paragraph 320 7)b), however in this particular case i am satisfied that paragraph 320 (11) is relevent. I am satisfied that your conduct is consistent with that described in entry clearence guidence as having contrived in a significant way to frustrate the intentions of the immigration rules. Your application is therefore according to paragraph 310 (11) of the immigration rules should be refused on. I have considerd the circumstances are of a sufficeiently compelling nature to justify my granting of entry clearence having regard to the fact it should normally be refused, i am therefore satisfied that you have significantly contrieved to frustrate these immigration rules and therefore refuse your application under paragraph 320 (11).

I really dont understand why they have said all this cos we havent frustrated any rules or done anything under paragraph 320....do u think they have made a mistake? the other half of the refusal is just about my JSA which i already have sorted out new evidence for...but as for this part what else can we do if we didnt actually do anything in the first place?
This is what Section 320 (11) states

(11) where the applicant has previously contrived in a significant way to frustrate the intentions of these Rules. Guidance will be published giving examples of circumstances in which an applicant who has previously overstayed, breached a condition attached to his leave, been an Illegal Entrant or used Deception in an application for entry clearance, leave to enter or remain (whether successful or not) is likely to be considered as having contrived in a significant way to frustrate the intentions of these Rules.
I am sorry to say the refusal on which they have based their decison is serious.You will need a very good solicitor to try and overturn the deciosn. The refusal is based on your husbands previous attempts to stay in this country by the different methods or attempst that he made to stay in this country.

I am afraid You will need a good solicitor to deal with this issue.It is best you stick to his advice rather tahn asking people on this forum for opinions.

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:49 am

Some good information on this forum. I still have got a little over a year to submit my wifes visa due to the age requirements.

Just got a query if anyone could help me with.

Should i begin printing all call records and keep our marriage profile up to date from the date we got married?

If thats the case i would have atleast a 2 1/2 call record with me..

Also just to add on, if my wife comes over the the UK as a visitor via her uncle sponsoring her and few members of her family will it affect our case?

I've asked a few solicitors and they said it should not be a problem!

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Sammad wrote:
shade00 wrote:Some good information on this forum. I still have got a little over a year to submit my wifes visa due to the age requirements.

Just got a query if anyone could help me with.

Should i begin printing all call records and keep our marriage profile up to date from the date we got married?

If thats the case i would have atleast a 2 1/2 call record with me..

Also just to add on, if my wife comes over the the UK as a visitor via her uncle sponsoring her and few members of her family will it affect our case?

I've asked a few solicitors and they said it should not be a problem!
Keep all contact, and her coming as a vister should not affect, as long as she obeys the rules, and does not decide to stay. Though it seems unlikely a vister visa would be issued since they could think its an attempt then not to go back after the 6 months.

Personally I had a similar situation my wife was going to come to the UK on a vister visa, due to the same age issue problem, however the lawyer told us its best not to do this, in case the visitor visa is not granted, and then we would have to explain this in the spouse visa application, its best not to give them ideas to reject an application, that is what he said. So me and my wife had a long chat about this, and decided I should go visit her for 12 weeks, rather then calling her over on a visister visa.
Thanks for the info... The thing is im not calling my wife over as a visitor its her uncle that is actually calling over my wife her two sisters and her mum. My wifes mum is not feeling to well so thats the main reason why my wifes uncle is trying to bring them here on a visitor visa. If they only applied for my mother in law then who would look after my wife and small sisters so thats why her uncle is trying to call all over them over for a few months..
It shouldn't affect my case though, i hope!
I guess it works in my favour so i could spend more time with my wife!

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:33 pm

safia wrote:
VisaAhmad10 wrote:Just realised the fee increased earlier on november 26th to 105,000 rupees, what a massive amount, the entry clearance officers should show more sympathy especially with this amount of money.

Also, can the applicant use an older form, dated dec 2008, or do they have to use the latest one?

Also, when submitting the application, does the sponsor and applicant have to photocopy all documents, whether original or photocopied.
Just download form from the Internet link below most upto date as they always make changes, so dont risk it with an old one.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 3073/vaf4a
Second one about English Language Test

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 4aannexelt

All you need to do is have ORIGINAL SET WITH ORIGINAL APPLICATION FORM signed and dated, and make a PHOTO COPY OF IT ALL to hand in at VAC Visa Application Centre and 3rd copy for your own records and leave it in PK in case they loose anything atleast your partner can provide what is required.

So original set and 1 photo copy set = Hand in at VAC
1 copy = own records
Make sure photograph meet guidelines, I was in PK with Mrs and we got photos taken from a studio in the town, but when we went to hand in application they asked to have them taken again. They have a photo studio in the visa app centre and also photo copying facility. Make sure photo copies are on A4 I would recommend getting them all done hear before you send or take paperwork, as the paper in PK at some photo copying places is like official paper weird sizes in a way. Reason why I say that is because my Mrs had to get all the paperwork photo copied again which took ages.

All the best
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:44 pm

afzal786 wrote:
K444my many thanks, thats defintly what I needed! May Allah Reward you for your efforts.
No probs, if you get stuck just ask. Credit to Batley Khan for compiling that together.

All the best with your app, my wife's got refused over little thing, so please remember me in your duas and pray im lucky this time round.
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

Saahilkill
Newly Registered

Post by Saahilkill » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:29 am

Salaam to all.

My wife's application was submitted at Islamabad on 16/11/10 and I have just received a rather vague email from visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk after I asked for an update on the application. They normally have been saying it's still under process but today the reply was this:

Thank for your email.

You will be notified by Gerry’s staff once your passport is ready for return. Please check your application status at www.ukvacpk.com

Thank you

Now does this mean it has been processed??? It's killing me not knowing so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Saahilkill
Newly Registered

Post by Saahilkill » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:35 am

Also read this rather infuriating report into the joke that is the UKBA processing of Pakistani settlement applications.

http://icinspector.independent.gov.uk/w ... ations.pdf

"In the worst cases, I found that visas that should have been refused were granted and visas that should have been granted were refused."