ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

quick info !!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

godfatherdon

quick info !!

Post by godfatherdon » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:42 pm

Hi buddies,
My bank statements shows just one transaction per month for all the 3 months....since it was a savings account i didnt have any transaction on it....every month i just got the interest which is displayed on the statement... for just the last week i have couple of transactions......Is this enough?? am i safe?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:29 pm

as long as it has a closing balance it should be OK.

Some bank accounts just have the most recent balance which relates to the most recent transaction and a date of the statement. If this is the case then you can either put/take out £10 from your account and get a new statement or highlight the date of the statement if you can't get a new statement in time.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:30 pm

well, just by holding your bank statement in hand, can you ascertain that:

1) your account had x amount , at all times, for 90 days? if yes than thats fine. if no, or in doubt, try alternatives like bank letter etc.

remember, the default position all caseworkers take is "NO". so its up to you, with the help of evidence, to turn that NO to YES.. ("maybe" is same as NO!)

regards

godfatherdon

u never know !!

Post by godfatherdon » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:56 pm

Thnx greenie and arsenal !

Fortunately i did a transaction last week for 10£ exactly :-) and its reflected in the statement.... so greenies condition is ok...

@arsenal : its a saving account which i used it as a fixed deposit for visa funding hence i stay put that im good with my statement.....but for the scrutinizing eyes you never know . couple of people have been refused visa as they had no transactions during the 3 months....my ambiguity is whether im safe with atleast 1 transaction a month (which actually is the interest i earned on the savings) ........