ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Born in UK and has FLR visa - Parents on FLR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hazfasaj
Newly Registered

Post by Hazfasaj » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi,

There are posts which explains that if the child is born in the UK where a parent obtains British citizenship or indefinite leave to remain (ILR) after the child is born, need apply under Section 3(1) on MN1 form for his/her British Citizenship but wasn't sure what to do if your child is also under immigration rules i.e. has a visa on his/her passport.

In my case my husband and I are currently on Tier 1 (General) and will apply for ILR in October 2011. Our child has an Indian passport and has a FLR visa (as we are travelling outside UK) and this is only valid till our visa end date i.e. Oct 2011.

Will we be able to apply for our child's british citizenship once we have our (me and husband) ILR stamped in Oct 2011?? Main concern is because the FLR visa for on our child's Indian passport is only valid till Oct 2011. Does it matter?? i.e. will the child need to get an ILR with us to avoid being illegal??

Regards,
Hazfasaj

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:46 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:27 pm

However, if parents' ILR fails, then child who hasn't made an application may be an overstayer with no rights of appeal.
Last edited by vinny on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Hazfasaj
Newly Registered

Post by Hazfasaj » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:33 pm

Vinny - Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.