ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit to Tier 2 with Dependents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HelpJay
Newly Registered

Work Permit to Tier 2 with Dependents

Post by HelpJay » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:02 am

Hi
I currently have a work permit from my employer which expires soon. My wife is also here as a dependant. I now have a son ( 3 months) born in the UK. My employer has applied for a CoS and I will be applying for T2 General. I will be working for the same employer in the same job.

1. It says in guidance notes I do not need to score for attributes, maintenance and language. Is my understanding correct?

2. In guidance notes for dependants, it says dependant need to show maintenance only if main applicant is required to do so. Is my understanding correct?

3. This means, I need to send 3 completed forms , 3 passports, marraige certificate and birth certificate of my son and no other supporting docs. This is too good to be true since last time I sent a bundle. Is my understanding correct?
Thanks

Sup

Re: Work Permit to Tier 2 with Dependents

Post by Sup » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:39 pm

HelpJay wrote:Hi
I currently have a work permit from my employer which expires soon. My wife is also here as a dependant. I now have a son ( 3 months) born in the UK. My employer has applied for a CoS and I will be applying for T2 General. I will be working for the same employer in the same job.

1. It says in guidance notes I do not need to score for attributes, maintenance and language. Is my understanding correct?

2. In guidance notes for dependants, it says dependant need to show maintenance only if main applicant is required to do so. Is my understanding correct?

3. This means, I need to send 3 completed forms , 3 passports, marraige certificate and birth certificate of my son and no other supporting docs. This is too good to be true since last time I sent a bundle. Is my understanding correct?
Thanks
Hi

I have almost identical situation here. I have 9 days short to qualify for ILR and need to apply for Extension,bit of pain.. and worse is my employer didn't have Sponsorship license yet! I think he will ready to apply one if I spend money!I don't know the process? do you have any idea?

Are you sure only need these doc.? ( No p60? as I don;t have!) can't include dependent on same form?

thanks,