ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa / Financial Req

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Soraya
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa / Financial Req

Post by Soraya » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:38 pm

Hi Everyone.

Hopefully everyone had a great start to the New Year. I just wanted some advice and hopefully someone would be able to help me through my predicaments.

Well, I've been married to my husband over a year and he lives in Zambia. I used to live there with him and moved back to the UK November as I was pregnant and wanted to apply the spousal visa for him. We call and text each other literally everyday so how would we prove that (show the texts to them). I do phone him as well but I use an international calling card so would that be acceptable in regards to proof of communication?

Also I've been working since December and should be giving birth around start of April. The only reason I started working was to strengthen the application for the spousal visa. Obviously when I give birth in April, I would not be able to go back to work for at least 6months. I wanted to go back to Zambia in June to lodge the spousal visa application. Before December, my account has been basically empty but now regular payments go in. I don't pay rent or any council tax as I live with my cousin. I was wondering if 3 months of bank statements and 2 and half months of payslips would be sufficient for the application. He's also saved like $5,000 at the moment but would be more around June, surely they would take that into consideration.

My friend is also going to write a letter stating she is going to let us stay there for a bit whilst we are back on our feet. But the property is only 1 bedroom flat so she would have to move out for us.

Anyways I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with the embassy in Zambia and what things to include in the application. Also I would appreciate for any advice.

P.S. We are both over 21.

Much appreciated!
Last edited by Soraya on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

batleykhan

Re: Spousal Visa for a Pregnant woman!

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:58 pm

Soraya wrote:Hi Everyone.

Hopefully everyone had a great start to the New Year. I just wanted some advice and hopefully someone would be able to help me through my predicaments.

Well, I've been married to my husband over a year and he lives in Zambia. I used to live there with him and moved back to the UK November as I was pregnant and wanted to apply the spousal visa for him. We call and text each other literally everyday so how would we prove that (show the texts to them). I do phone him as well but I use an international calling card so would that be acceptable in regards to proof of communication?

Proof of communications like letters, birtday cards emails and itemised telehone bills are best proof of communication betweeh husband and wife. International call cards are not accepted as they dont show the phone number you dial via these cards, therefore they are useless

Also I've been working since December and should be giving birth around start of April. The only reason I started working was to strengthen the application for the spousal visa. Obviously when I give birth in April, I would not be able to go back to work for at least 6months. I wanted to go back to Zambia in June to lodge the spousal visa application. Before December, my account has been basically empty but now regular payments go in. I don't pay rent or any council tax as I live with my cousin. I was wondering if 3 months of bank statements and 2 and half months of payslips would be sufficient for the application. He's also saved like $5,000 at the moment but would be more around June, surely they would take that into consideration.

Yes 3 months banks staements and 2.5 weeks wage slips should be ok as they these two items show that you have sufficient funds coming in to support you both. You must have at least around £102 per week after paying mortgage/rent/ council tax etc. His savings of teh amount you have stated will help. Dont forget letter of employment as well as letter from friend saying you can stay in their falt rent free.

My friend is also going to write a letter stating she is going to let us stay there for a bit whilst we are back on our feet. But the property is only 1 bedroom flat so she would have to move out for us.

Anyways I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with the embassy in Zambia and what things to include in the application. Also I would appreciate for any advice.

P.S. We are both over 21.

Read this link for rules and regulations

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settlement/spouses

Much appreciated!

Soraya
Newly Registered

Post by Soraya » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:07 pm

Thanks for your reply BatleyKhan.

I have more than £102 left each week as I don't pay rent or council tax. By the time I apply for the spousal visa, I would have left my work as they wouldn't give me maternity leave so the letter from the employer would not be available.

In regards to the letter for the flat, my friend can write the letter but what else could I use as proof. I don't think the letter would be enough. The embassy in Zambia are quite tough and possibly cynical!

You stated two and half weeks of payslips, is that enough? Also my payslips are issued to me via email. If I printed them off, would that be ok?

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Soraya wrote:The embassy in Zambia are quite tough and possibly cynical!
To the contrary, the BHC in Zambia now sends all UK visa applications to be processed in RSA. So it's not them you should be worried about, really. Good luck!

http://ukinzambia.fco.gov.uk/en/visiting-uk/visas/

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:47 pm

Soraya wrote:Thanks for your reply BatleyKhan.

I have more than £102 left each week as I don't pay rent or council tax. By the time I apply for the spousal visa, I would have left my work as they wouldn't give me maternity leave so the letter from the employer would not be available.

That is going to be a problem for you. You will need to be able to prove that you are employed and earning a wage with which you can support both yoursleves

In regards to the letter for the flat, my friend can write the letter but what else could I use as proof. I don't think the letter would be enough. The embassy in Zambia are quite tough and possibly cynical!

Your friends need to prove that they own the property ( land/title deeds etc) and that you can llive there rent free. If the property is on mortgage, your friends will need to show that mortgage payments are upto date ( bank statements etc)

You stated two and half weeks of payslips, is that enough? Also my payslips are issued to me via email. If I printed them off, would that be ok?

Sorry this should have ben 2.5 months and not weeks like you stated in your post

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:10 pm

One small issue. As you say your the accomodation won't be big enough to accomodate all of you, your friend has offered to move out she will have to provide some evidence that she won't continue to live in the flat. I would suggest she provides you with a 6 month rental agreement...unless someone else has a better idea.

Soraya
Newly Registered

Post by Soraya » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:53 pm

Rozen wrote:
Soraya wrote:The embassy in Zambia are quite tough and possibly cynical!
To the contrary, the BHC in Zambia now sends all UK visa applications to be processed in RSA. So it's not them you should be worried about, really. Good luck!

http://ukinzambia.fco.gov.uk/en/visiting-uk/visas/
Yeah, I read that somewhere! I think they send it to Pretoria which is quite tough from what I heard. But they're quite the same anyways!

Soraya
Newly Registered

Post by Soraya » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:54 pm

Casa wrote:One small issue. As you say your the accomodation won't be big enough to accomodate all of you, your friend has offered to move out she will have to provide some evidence that she won't continue to live in the flat. I would suggest she provides you with a 6 month rental agreement...unless someone else has a better idea.
Is it possible for her to just start the tenancy agreement from December, but wouldn't they want to see some sort of payment coming out of my bank account?

Soraya
Newly Registered

Post by Soraya » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:57 pm

Batleykhan, in regards to the issue about work, surely they would consider the savings my husband has. They would not expect someone who had a baby in April to suddenly go back to work in a month (I would apply in May)

Soraya
Newly Registered

Post by Soraya » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:57 pm

Or should I start the process next year, but this would take too long!!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:07 am

Soraya wrote:Batleykhan, in regards to the issue about work, surely they would consider the savings my husband has. They would not expect someone who had a baby in April to suddenly go back to work in a month (I would apply in May)
Would you still have a job to return to after your 6 months maternity leave expires. If you have then its not a problem. For this you will probally need your employers to confirm it in writting.

If on the other hand you are not going to have a job to go back to and you apply for your husbands visa, then I think you will have problems in proving you can support, maintian and accommodate your husband.

Yes they will take into consideration your and your husabnds savings into account, but if I am being honest with you, you are are hardly in good financial circumstances at the prsent moment. The ECO will determine how long your finances will last you and the prospect of you or husband getting a job to support yourself.

I think he will probally will not be convinced and will refuse you on teh grounds that he his not satified that you can not support and maintain your husband without recourse to public funds.
One small issue. As you say your the accomodation won't be big enough to accomodate all of you, your friend has offered to move out she will have to provide some evidence that she won't continue to live in the flat. I would suggest she provides you with a 6 month rental agreement...unless someone else has a better idea.
If you provide a tennacy agreement, then you will be deemed to be renting teh property of your friends. The adavantage of this is then your friend does not have to provide things like title deeds or if mortgaged then statements showing payments are up to date. The disavantage is that you will have to show you are renting and will need to deduct the rent out of your wages and the question arises then is whether you will have enough money left for you and your hubby to live on.

I agree that the tennancy agreement is much better than a letter from your friend, as I have known several people on this forum being refused on teh grounds that the ECO was not satisfied that teh flat or house would be available to them as the letter they get from friends is not a valid legal binding document and that your friends can throw you out of the house/flat any time.

Letters such as that tend to work when you say you are going to live with your parents rather than friend, as the chances of being kicked out by your family are far less than of a friend.

Sorry to confuse you, but its just my opinion that I have expresed above

Soraya
Newly Registered

Post by Soraya » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:05 pm

You haven't confused me at all. In regards to my current job, I don't think that they will be able to provide me with a letter stating that they will have me job open. My employers would probably say they are not able to keep my position open and to apply again if I want to work with them.

What if I and my husband both had job offers and provide proof of that with a letter, would that help? I just really want to apply for the spousal visa now, rather than wait for another couple of months till the baby gets older, look for work again and wait for another 6 months to start the whole process. It is a long and tedious process. I don't think I would be able to cope living without my husband for that long anyways!

My cousin would probably be able to provide me with a tenancy agreement and I would have at least £105 left after all expenses including the rent.

My husband would have a lot more savings than the current $5,000 as he has one of those lorries which he has sub-contracted to a company there. That lorry brings in like $4,000 every month. So if he was to save the money for the next few months, then that would help the application, wouldn't it?

Thanks a lot for your swift responses, batleykhan.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:52 pm

As much as I wish you good luck with your application and hope you suceed in view of your present preficament, however there is something at the back of my mind which says you probally will not suceed................sorry :cry:

I hope I am wrong for once. If you want to go ahead and apply then dont hesiatate, try it and see what happens.

Its the only way you are going to find the result.

Soraya
Newly Registered

?Category A for spouse visa

Post by Soraya » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:22 am

It's been awhile since I posted on the forum. However I would like some advice please. I am going to apply for the spouse visa for my husband next month FINALLY!

I am currently working two jobs for the last 6 months. I started them both roughly at the same time. I wanted some advice as I am confused which category I should apply under.

Under category A do I show the lowest wage for each job in the last 6 months or add them both for each month during the last 6 months in order to get the lowest wage. :D

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:43 am

Is the employment salaried?

What is the lowest gross monthly wage slip in the last 6 months for each job?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

soraya1
inactive

Post by soraya1 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:42 pm

D4109125 wrote:Is the employment salaried?

What is the lowest gross monthly wage slip in the last 6 months for each job?
My account has been locked and was unable to post hence the new name.

Yes, they are both salaried. For job 1, the lowest wage for job1 is £1155,02 and job 2 is £204.27

I had been informed before as long as each month, both jobs' monthly salary exceeds £1550, I would've met the financial requirement.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:10 pm

Yes, but they don't meet that amount yet, do they?

If you've been working 12+ months you could always try Cat B or combining Cat A and B.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

soraya1
inactive

Post by soraya1 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:44 pm

I've only been working 6 months and I'm going over to apply in November. How can I combine cat a and b. I've read the link and was unable to find the information.

soraya1
inactive

Post by soraya1 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:47 pm

(Total gross income from all employment undertaken during the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.

When using the calculations above, I do meet the financial requirement.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:16 pm

Yes, but you said your income is salaried. If it's non-salaried then yes, it's the last 6 months Gross income / 6 x 12. Cat B looks at varying income but you would need to have actually earned the required amount in the last 12 months.

Soraya
Newly Registered

Post by Soraya » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:42 pm

The second job is non salaried. Apologies. The income is not fixed. I understand how to calculate the first part of cat b. How do I show that I've earned the required amount in the last 12months. I have not worked for a year. Only started both jobs in the last months.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:11 pm

If the second job is non-salaried the questions now change, how much have you earned Gross in the last 6 months for the second job?

Soraya
Newly Registered

Post by Soraya » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:32 am

£1457.34 for the second job

Soraya
Newly Registered

Post by Soraya » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:34 pm

Both jobs I have earned in the last 6 months over £10,000.