ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going for ILR, Lost work permit FLR Original Letter, suggest

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pumbatimon
Newly Registered

Going for ILR, Lost work permit FLR Original Letter, suggest

Post by pumbatimon » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:46 am

Hi All,
I have got my Work Permit approved and came to this country on first week of March 2006. Switched over to my new employer on Nov 2008, i have my Original Approval Letter for "Change of Employment". Applied for FLR and received my Passport stamped along with the Original "FLR Approval Letter" on Feb 2009 which was kept by my employer assuming its their property and now they have lost it.
I am qualified to apply for an ILR second week of Feb 2011.
1. I have the Original 1st Employer Work Permit Letter.
2. I have the Original 1st Employer FLR letter.
3. I have the Original 2nd Employer Change of Employment Letter.
4. I have the PHOTOCOPY of FLR Approval Letter
4. I have my original Passport with the Visa stamped on it.

Now i have few concerns
1. I would like to know what is the procedure for applying for Reprint of FLR Approval Letter?
2. What is the time period to obtain this Reprint?
3. Since i have a photocopy of this Original Letter, can i appear for ILR in person with the Photocopy of FLR Approval letter?

Any suggestion from anyone who have better knowledge on this scenario?

Many thanks.

rajathwp

I think

Post by rajathwp » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:28 pm

I reckon it's good to carry these letters but NOT must. Moreover they can check this information from your passport ( i.e Visa Details etc).

Did you book your appointment yet ? Cheers

xyz123

Re: Going for ILR, Lost work permit FLR Original Letter, sug

Post by xyz123 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:07 am

pumbatimon wrote:Hi All,
I have got my Work Permit approved and came to this country on first week of March 2006. Switched over to my new employer on Nov 2008, i have my Original Approval Letter for "Change of Employment". Applied for FLR and received my Passport stamped along with the Original "FLR Approval Letter" on Feb 2009 which was kept by my employer assuming its their property and now they have lost it.
I am qualified to apply for an ILR second week of Feb 2011.
1. I have the Original 1st Employer Work Permit Letter.
2. I have the Original 1st Employer FLR letter.
3. I have the Original 2nd Employer Change of Employment Letter.
4. I have the PHOTOCOPY of FLR Approval Letter
4. I have my original Passport with the Visa stamped on it.

Now i have few concerns
1. I would like to know what is the procedure for applying for Reprint of FLR Approval Letter?
2. What is the time period to obtain this Reprint?
3. Since i have a photocopy of this Original Letter, can i appear for ILR in person with the Photocopy of FLR Approval letter?

Any suggestion from anyone who have better knowledge on this scenario?

Many thanks.
dont worry, photocopy is sufficient. Get letter from your employer confirming you work there and that you are required for future. For work permit holders they do checks on computer at PEO (before you make payment). i was on WP before i switched to Tier 1. I didnt have original WP letter with me. They didnt ask.

it really is very relaxed at PEO. for SET(o) applications they dont ask for as many documents as they ask for SET(m) applications.

pumbatimon
Newly Registered

Post by pumbatimon » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:20 pm

Many thanks for your replies... HAve booked teh appointment in Feb.. will post the outcomes

rajathwp

To pumbatimon

Post by rajathwp » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:53 pm

Good Luck ... Can you please apprise how did you book the appointment ...Ta

pumbatimon
Newly Registered

Booking online appointment

Post by pumbatimon » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:07 pm

I booked the appointment online, the dates for future three weeks are available. YOu need to select te PEO first, give on a few details.
Here is the web link:
https://ukbabooking.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukba/index.start

rajathwp

Thanks

Post by rajathwp » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:52 pm

I have been trying for few days ... After adding details of myself and Family

I am choosing SET (o) excluding Long Stay , then PEO . Then Week , Time of day ( Both) but i have NEVER seen any free slot. I am sure I am not missing anything ....

Can you please advise when did you book and how much time you have spent to book an appointment ...

Cheers

xyz123

Re: Thanks

Post by xyz123 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:22 pm

rajathwp wrote:I have been trying for few days ... After adding details of myself and Family

I am choosing SET (o) excluding Long Stay , then PEO . Then Week , Time of day ( Both) but i have NEVER seen any free slot. I am sure I am not missing anything ....

Can you please advise when did you book and how much time you have spent to book an appointment ...

Cheers
just keep trying. or you can call them at 8.58 (i think they open at 9). it seems to be a bit hit and miss with appointments. When i did mine in october there were tons and tons of appointments avaiable. i even posted here thinking that i was doing something wrong because there were so many appointments available.

rajathwp

Many Thanks XYZ

Post by rajathwp » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Many Thanks Mate .... I will keep on trying ... They are unable to give me any appointment over phone for March as over phone they can give till 21st Feb ... Ta