ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Visa application - from Mumbai - status update

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saturn123
Newly Registered

Post by Saturn123 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:46 pm

I had applied as a T1G Main Application.

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:23 pm

mulderpf wrote:Or maybe they are just upgrading hardware?
On a lighter side, would it really matter??
Thanks,
Sumit.

ajitpahuja
Newly Registered

Post by ajitpahuja » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:12 pm

neosumit wrote:
On a lighter side, would it really matter??
Hi Sumit,

Still the status show "In Process".

I had a concern here. I have registered for SMS alerts and I am fed up daily having the same status on the application.

Do I really need to check everyday regarding the status change or I will get an SMS instantaneously.

How bt you ? When are you planning to leave.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ajit

ajitpahuja
Newly Registered

Post by ajitpahuja » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:14 pm

miteshmcse wrote:My status still remains the same......under process....fingers crossed....
Same with me. Status "In Process".

I don't know how many people applied during the last days.

punewarrior
Newly Registered

Dec 12th applicant got his Visa today (Pune)

Post by punewarrior » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:16 pm

I came to know that a Dec 12th applicant in Pune got his Visa issued today ......not sure what is going on....I applied on Dec 3rd, all papers in order I hope :-(

LAST IN ...FIRST OUT ???????

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

miteshmcse

Re: Dec 12th applicant got his Visa today (Pune)

Post by miteshmcse » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:42 pm

Its really strange and annoying but can't help it....we need to just wait n watch till we get an response from them.....

No system upgrades took place at the VFS india end....I spoke to vfs customer care and they confirmed the same......

For now my status still remains the same Under Progress....
Mitesh.

sam1979
Newly Registered

Post by sam1979 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:28 pm

Applied on 13th Dec 2010 from Pune
Today, 11th Jan 2011 I got the visa Stamped :)

Dreemweaver

Post by Dreemweaver » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:39 pm

ajitpahuja wrote:
neosumit wrote:
I had a concern here. I have registered for SMS alerts and I am fed up daily having the same status on the application.

Do I really need to check everyday regarding the status change or I will get an SMS instantaneously.
From my experience

The status changes online mostly in the evening. You will get the sms alert after 12 midnight. So its not instantaneously.

punewarrior
Newly Registered

Same Status :-(

Post by punewarrior » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:34 am

My status remians the same, I sent a complaint to VFS yesterday, is there a way to send a complaint to the BHC ? There is a user MOGA84 who in another post has written that he complaint to both VFS and BHC and got his visa in 2 days ?

Any thoughts ?

miteshmcse

Re: Same Status :-(

Post by miteshmcse » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:46 am

If the person is applying from UK then they can request UK BA for faster processing but for other countries only point of contact is VFS....

Yesyerday i spoke to VFS and they suggested that since it has been more than one month to my application i can go to VFS office form where i applied and give an cover letter requesting for faster processing....I am not sure it works or not but for now i would prefer to wait n watch .........

I think, we can not contact BHC directly as our point of contact is VFS........
Mitesh.

punewarrior
Newly Registered

Post by punewarrior » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:55 am

[quote="miteshmcse"]If the person is applying from UK then they can request UK BA for faster processing but for other countries only point of contact is VFS....quote]

REPLY FROM VFS :

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regards to your query,we would like to inform you that your application is under process at the British High Commission.

This is also to inform you that the normal visa processing time is from 1-4 weeks. However, the discretion to grant a visa lies with British High Commission and the processing time can be shorter or longer based on your application, at the discretion of British High Commission.

We understand your concern, but this is to inform you the Entry Clearance Officer will try to make a decision using your application form and the supporting documents you have provided with in the stipulated time lines. However as per the process the British High Commission has recommended to allow sufficient time to process the visa in case of further scrutiny if required.This is further to inform you that each application is subject to an individual assessment and processing times may vary hence applicants are recommended to wait for the processing to be completed.

Please Note: Your visa application will be processed and decided by British High Commission. Neither VFS, nor any of our staff, play any part in or influence the outcome of your visa application.

If you would like to contact British High Commission directly, please log on http://ukinindia.fco.gov.uk for more information.

Keeping your concern in mind, we would suggest you to refer to the 'guide to processing times' for more information on UKBA processing times in India. You can use this information as a guide to UKBA recent performance, although it cannot be used as a guarantee of your individual visa application processing time. You can also use the free 'track your application' facility on VFS official website to find out the progress of your visa application

miteshmcse

Post by miteshmcse » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:58 am

Perfect...So basis the response you have received from them...only available option is to wait and watch.....
Mitesh.

punewarrior
Newly Registered

Post by punewarrior » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:02 am

miteshmcse wrote:Perfect...So basis the response you have received from them...only available option is to wait and watch.....
I know, if I do not join on Feb 1 in UK , the employer ( a big 4 consulting co ) will retract my offer.....very tense....going to sankat mochan temple now.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

miteshmcse

Post by miteshmcse » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:05 am

Dont worry mate you will get it for sure...its just processing delay...due to holiday season we are seeing this delay ....should start getting response now on....

Till 4th there was no processing ...from 5th onwards they have started issuing visas.....Mumbai processing is always slow as compared to other destination but am sure that we will see positive response from now onwards....
Mitesh.

bloke

Post by bloke » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:24 am

You can directly contact the BHC, all BHC have a visa helpdesk ask VFS centre for the contact details.
The Mumbai BHC visa helpline number is 66502181 and it operates on Mon-Thu 1.30 - 4 pm and on Fridays 8-10 am.
The lines are constantly busy during these times so you have to continuously redial for atleast 5 mins before you get through.
However, the response I get from them is same all the time "your application is under process and we cannot tell you when you will recieve your passport".

miteshmcse

Post by miteshmcse » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:33 am

Ahh thats cool...they atleast have an helpline...Thanks for the inputs Bloke....Should try that also now :)
Mitesh.

asethi

Post by asethi » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:23 am

I have just now contacted BHC on their helpline, and I am totally shocked with the response. They say that "the monthly limit of issuing 600 VISA is still in place and Mumbai BHC has just started to issue the visas for their Jan quota. So if my application is not processed in Jan Limit, I had to wait for the FEB month".

Its already more than 7 weeks since I am waiting. I am thinking about withdrawing my application now, as I had taken leaves from my job (in UK) for applying Tier1.

miteshmcse

Post by miteshmcse » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:30 am

Finally get hold of them...answer remains the same...they say that we have just started with processing applications in Mumbai and your application is work in queue....wait for few days and you should get an response.... :)
Mitesh.

punewarrior
Newly Registered

BHC answer inconsistent

Post by punewarrior » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:38 am

How come people who applied on December 16th got their visa ??? I do not understand ?

asethi

Post by asethi » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:39 am

miteshmcse wrote:Finally get hold of them...answer remains the same...they say that we have just started with processing applications in Mumbai and your application is work in queue....wait for few days and you should get an response.... :)
Did they tell you about any monthly limit?

miteshmcse

Post by miteshmcse » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:50 am

Not about monthly limit...but based on what i understand now there is no monthly limit in place...they will process all the applications they have in this month it self.....
Mitesh.

punewarrior
Newly Registered

Post by punewarrior » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:56 am

miteshmcse wrote:Not about monthly limit...but based on what i understand now there is no monthly limit in place...they will process all the applications they have in this month it self.....
I spoke to a very nice lady at BHC helpline , she asked for my passport number, checked in her system and told me my application is with a case worker. I asked her how people who applied after me got their visa already, she said all applications that arrived in December were processed Jan 4th onwards and no date wise queue is followed.

mark7
Newly Registered

Mumbai South VFS

Post by mark7 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:07 am

Is the cap still in place???????

miteshmcse

Post by miteshmcse » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:13 am

Perfect so that means that we all will get visa in this month it self...

They started processing from 4th onwards so for now we have corssed 5 working days so far and as per processing times it says mumbai is just 7% in first 5 days but there after the rate of processing is very fast......

we all should get an response in these week it self.....
Mitesh.

miteshmcse

Re: Mumbai South VFS

Post by miteshmcse » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:33 am

Mark....Cap is not in place anymore....they have stopped accepting new applications but will process all the application from here onwards in this month it self...
Mitesh.