ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying online (in USA)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sofimood
Newly Registered

Applying online (in USA)

Post by Sofimood » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:36 pm

Hello,

My husband and I have been married since December 2007. We lived together in the States (where he has a work visa) until August 2010. At that time I moved back to the UK as we decided to live here instead. I came back to arrange accommodation and maintenance etc. I am British and he is Pakistani.

He will be doing the the application online (that is the requirement for USA), and then have the biometrics. My question is does anybody know how/where we submit the supporting documentation. I assume I have to send all of my relevant documents to him, but where does he actually submit them if he has to apply online?

A little confused right now :?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:53 pm

Usuasly supporting docs are handed in at the biometrics appointment.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Applying online (in USA)

Post by ElenaW » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Sofimood wrote:Hello,

My husband and I have been married since December 2007. We lived together in the States (where he has a work visa) until August 2010. At that time I moved back to the UK as we decided to live here instead. I came back to arrange accommodation and maintenance etc. I am British and he is Pakistani.

He will be doing the the application online (that is the requirement for USA), and then have the biometrics. My question is does anybody know how/where we submit the supporting documentation. I assume I have to send all of my relevant documents to him, but where does he actually submit them if he has to apply online?

A little confused right now :?
Since you have to submit the documents through the post, you will have to do this after biometrics. The place where he will get them done will give a confirmation form and an address of where to send all the documents to. You must do this within 14 days of biometrics.
I tell it like it is.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:07 am

Sofimood
Newly Registered

Post by Sofimood » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:55 pm

Thanks everyone for all the helpful advice. I have forwarded it all to hubby in the States. :) :)

Someone told me that he will need to get a TB certificate. Personally, I didn't think he needs to because he is resident in USA and that does not fall into one of the specified countries for a TB certificate (he is a National of one of those countries but not resident there). Any ideas?? (I love this site it's so helpful for the likes of me!) :D

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:52 am

Sofimood wrote:Thanks everyone for all the helpful advice. I have forwarded it all to hubby in the States. :) :)

Someone told me that he will need to get a TB certificate. Personally, I didn't think he needs to because he is resident in USA and that does not fall into one of the specified countries for a TB certificate (he is a National of one of those countries but not resident there). Any ideas?? (I love this site it's so helpful for the likes of me!) :D
Is he a US citizen?
I tell it like it is.

Sofimood
Newly Registered

Post by Sofimood » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:44 pm

No, he is living there on a H1-B work visa. He has lived there since 2000. First as a student and then working.

Sofimood
Newly Registered

Return to UK with spouse (after 4 years of marriage)

Post by Sofimood » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:28 am

Hello folks,

I am a British citizen, and my husband is a Pakistani National. We have been married for four years, and live in the States. We have now decided to move to the UK. We were going to do this last year, which is when I started this thread. However we abandoned those plans as it was not suitable for us at that time.

As we have now been married for 4 years and living abroad together, I understand that the process of getting a spouse visa (ILE??) will be slightly different now.

I would be very grateful if somebody could give me an idea about how to go about this e.g what requirement we must fulfill, forms to fill out, supporting documents and procedures. I have tried to do some research but most information that I am aware of relates to those couples who have been married for less than four years.

We really want to apply asap, as I understand the rules may change after April 1st (but I am not sure).

Thanks for any advice you can give me

Sofi

Sofimood
Newly Registered

Post by Sofimood » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:23 pm

bump