ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for child born in UK to get Biritish citizenship?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

owlabc
Newly Registered

ILR for child born in UK to get Biritish citizenship?

Post by owlabc » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:31 pm

Hi all,

My wife and I are going to apply for ILR in Janauary 2011. Our child was born in the UK one year ago. I understand once our ILR applications are successful, our child is entitled to register as a British citizen. Our question here is: do we need to include him in the ILR application in order to obtain the citizenship for him? My understanding is that it is not necessary - we just register him as British citizen using MN1 after our ILR is granted. Could anyone confirm what I am thinking is correct?

Thanks so much in advance. Merry Christmas to everyone!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:26 am

owlabc wrote:we just register him as British citizen using MN1 after our ILR is granted. Could anyone confirm what I am thinking is correct?
Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

owlabc
Newly Registered

Post by owlabc » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:37 pm

Thanks Vinny. This is very helpful!

himansuk
Newly Registered

Post by himansuk » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Hi
If only one of parents got ILR ,is enough to apply for certificate of registration using MN1 form or both of the parents should have ILR.
Please reply it.
Thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:01 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.